Lucca Cafe

6507 Quail Hill Pkwy, Irvine, CA, United States

• Lucca CafePro 2014
    Trina D.
    3 Mar 20, 2014

I came here for the OC Restaurant Week menu. At $15 for a 3-course prix fixe, that is a pretty good deal. I had the soup, turkey meatloaf sandwich and the yoghurt cake. Drew M. tried the soup, seared ahi sandwich, and lemon bar. We both ordered a full glass of wine at 25% off. The meal was good on paper but execution was a bit off. I didn't realize how 'heavy' of a lunch it would be. The soup was delicious and just the right thing for a chilly, rainy day.

We both thought that we could have ordered the Ultra healthy chicken salad and called it a day. But the sandwiches were tasty. The ciabatta rolls were a nice touch. They were toasted but came off as a little greasy. The filling of my sandwich was meatloaf so it was naturally a little crumbly and hard to eat as a sandwich. The bacon was nice an crispy so that was good. The cheese was overkill on such a 'heavy' sandwich. I ended up eating it with a fork.

The desserts didn't impress us at all. The lemon bar was too rich with what tasted like too much egg yolk. It was a flavor we couldn't quite pin down but my best guess was egg because it was really off-putting and you could barely get the citrus zing in the lemon bar. The yogurt cake was very dry. I was expecting moist cake but all I could get was crumbly and dry. The supposed Nutella flavor didn't come through at all. Service was pretty good considering it was late lunch and we didn't have a reservation. I'll have to return for brunch one day because the menu sounds good.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureStudentsVegetarian
  • Lucca Cafe
    Debbie Miller
    5 Aug 12, 2012

Their Sunday Supper is amazing and totally worth the cost. It's a family-style, four-course meal so best to coordinate a group of friends. All the food is fresh, the food all tastes excellent and the service is excellent. The Chef makes the rounds and explains the process of making everything.

• Lucca Cafe