Lucky Boy Drive-In Restaurant
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 59%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Lucky Boy Drive-In RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Jan 10, 2014
A local greasy spoon diner known for its burgers and breakfast burritos. It's one of LA's top cheap eats at meals under $10 per person. It's open late night especially on weekends, when it's open past midnight until 2AM in the morning. Order at the counter; no waiter service. Cash only. ATM located inside.
- Famous breakfast burrito with sausage, bacon or both (ask to add avocado for an extra $1.50)
- Pastrami burger
- Fried zucchini
- Chicken stripsRecommended for:
- Lucky Boy Drive-In RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Dec 03, 2013
* Their burger no longer as good as I remember last time, they clearly cut the size of beef patty, and the buns quality is similar to Carl's Jr. What I like was the lettuce which uses ranch alike sauce. There fries is thick fat cut without the skins.
*Food came out very fast, but the cashier is to rush despite no one behind me.
*Price is lower than Tops, but quality is not the same.
* Heavy traffic from the street, but does have the private lot parking.
* Next to Trader's Joes.
* Breakfast only serve until 10:30 AM.
My 2 cents,
Lucky Boy is still a good stop for your burger and burrito. But it is worth to note there are other competition out there like the Hats, Tops, and In & Out.Recommended for:
- Lucky Boy Drive-In RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3Sep 24, 2012
Breakfast Burrito, I've come for your Breakfast Burritos...with BACON. 6 bucks? Ok, a little high for a BB, but let's try it anyway. So funny day today. A snapshot of my Facebook wall will present very large pictures of breakfast burritos from different area codes. Yes, we unknowingly coordinated ourselves in a Breakfast Burrito Battle.
-=-Bacon Breakfast Burrito-=- At 6 bucks there had to be something special here. My local cafeteria will do it for 3 bucks. Hmm...**bite bite**...ah, I see it. Loads of Bacon....crispy bacon. Looking into the contents, I can see that a good 1/4 of my bite was into crispy bacon. Funny thing was that even with this amount of bacon in there, I wasn't Bacon'd out. Bacon you say? How many times did I say Bacon in this paragraph. As many Bacon's as I piled into this paragraph, I still don't taste the full delight of it. Maybe it's the egg to hash brown to cheese ratio? I'm not sure, I just know I've had better and for cheaper. Salsa wasn't spectacular either, but this is a burger shop anywho.
- Lucky Boy Drive-In RestaurantFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
Another Pasadena cult favorite, this greasy hole in the wall always has a crowd. The owner is your classic grump but makes the best breakfast burritos known to man. They are huge and perfect for splitting; just don't forget to ask for ranch and salsa on the side!