Lucky Boy Drive-In Restaurant

640 S Arroyo Pky, Pasadena, CA 91105

Trinity
    3 Jan 10, 2014

A local greasy spoon diner known for its burgers and breakfast burritos. It's one of LA's top cheap eats at meals under $10 per person. It's open late night especially on weekends, when it's open past midnight until 2AM in the morning. Order at the counter; no waiter service. Cash only. ATM located inside.

Menu recommendations:
    - Famous breakfast burrito with sausage, bacon or both (ask to add avocado for an extra $1.50)
    - Pastrami burger
    - Fried zucchini
    - Chicken strips

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodies
    Richard
    4 Dec 03, 2013

[Food]

* Their burger no longer as good as I remember last time, they clearly cut the size of beef patty, and the buns quality is similar to Carl's Jr. What I like was the lettuce which uses ranch alike sauce. There fries is thick fat cut without the skins.

[Service]

*Food came out very fast, but the cashier is to rush despite no one behind me.

[Value]

*Price is lower than Tops, but quality is not the same.

Tips:

* Heavy traffic from the street, but does have the private lot parking.
    * Next to Trader's Joes.
    * Breakfast only serve until 10:30 AM.

My 2 cents,

Lucky Boy is still a good stop for your burger and burrito. But it is worth to note there are other competition out there like the Hats, Tops, and In & Out.

JR Cajigas
    3 Sep 24, 2012

Breakfast Burrito, I've come for your Breakfast Burritos...with BACON. 6 bucks? Ok, a little high for a BB, but let's try it anyway. So funny day today. A snapshot of my Facebook wall will present very large pictures of breakfast burritos from different area codes. Yes, we unknowingly coordinated ourselves in a Breakfast Burrito Battle.

-=-Bacon Breakfast Burrito-=- At 6 bucks there had to be something special here. My local cafeteria will do it for 3 bucks. Hmm...**bite bite**...ah, I see it. Loads of Bacon....crispy bacon. Looking into the contents, I can see that a good 1/4 of my bite was into crispy bacon. Funny thing was that even with this amount of bacon in there, I wasn't Bacon'd out. Bacon you say? How many times did I say Bacon in this paragraph. As many Bacon's as I piled into this paragraph, I still don't taste the full delight of it. Maybe it's the egg to hash brown to cheese ratio? I'm not sure, I just know I've had better and for cheaper. Salsa wasn't spectacular either, but this is a burger shop anywho.

• Lucky Boy Drive-In Restaurant
    Katy Logan

Another Pasadena cult favorite, this greasy hole in the wall always has a crowd. The owner is your classic grump but makes the best breakfast burritos known to man. They are huge and perfect for splitting; just don't forget to ask for ranch and salsa on the side!

634 people visited Lucky Boy Drive-In Restaurant