Luna de Noche's Tex-Mex Gourmet

3 people visited Luna de Noche's Tex-Mex Gourmet

• Luna de Noche's Tex-Mex Gourmet Pro 2014
    Rudy Grant
    5 Aug 15, 2013

Luna de Noche is a Tex-Mex upscale restaurant located just outside of the American Airlines Center. Because of my big lunch earlier, I went with the Tortilla Soup which was great. Loaded with chicken, cheese and avocado, the soup hit the spot. They offer a full variety of Tex-Mex style of dishes and of course, Steaks. The atmosphere is very relaxing and service was great. They offer a variety of salsa of which the regular salsa with the chips was fresh an very good. I would definitely come back.

• Luna de Noche's Tex-Mex Gourmet
    Rene
    4 Aug 15, 2013

After a long flight from the Bay Area, we were starving. As we sat at our hotel bar discussing our food options we decided on Luna de Noche. I had been there before, but this would be my wife's first true Tex Mex experience so the pressure was on to choose a place that she would not only like, but love.

We arrived just before 7 and were quickly seated and our server following close behind. He took our drink orders (margs-rocks-salt) and had them in hand within a few short minutes. We had a plan and were starving so not one but two starters would be ordered. The table side guacamole and the queso with beef. Both of these dishes are amazing. The guac is prepared with fresh ingredients, but my wife not being a fan of onions these were left out. But our waiter did give me a side of these which worked out quite well for both us. You are also given not one, not two but THREE different types of salsa! I kept vacillating and could not decide which of these I liked best.

For our entrees we both went classic. My wife went with beef tacos and me steak fajitas. I requested that my steak be cooked to a medium rare which they were. Both dishes are served with re fried beans and rice. The beans were excellent and had a hint of something that neither of could not pinpoint, but it certainly added to our enjoyment. The rice was flavorful and fluffy and just about perfect. The flour tortillas were not the best I had ever had and lacked any real flavor, but did the trick.

The atmosphere is trendy and sleek. The front bar is comfortable and also suitable for dining. There is some limited outdoor seating. The service is very good, but maybe too good as the spacing between our appetizer and entree was nonexistent. But it did not ruin our meal or our dining experience.

In the end, my wife ended up loving it If Luna de Noche were back in the Bay Area, it would for sure be one of the best Mexican restaurants around

• Luna de Noche's Tex-Mex Gourmet
    Kasey
    5 Apr 11, 2014

Delicious! Howl at the Moon margarita. Yum.