M Grill

3832 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 202, Los Angeles, CA 90010

• M GrillPro 2014
    Richard
    4 Jul 10, 2014

Most people associate K-town as Korean style Barbeque or Tofu House, but very few know that there's Brazil BBQ in K-Town as well. This place often was overshadow by Fogo de Chao who is a much bigger establishment and a franchise. The owner is a Korean but raised in Brazil and is very knowledge of Brazilian Churrasco Style of Barbecue.

The parking is free and is first come and first based, but if you cannot find a spot. Valet is available. The restaurant is located in the second floor; I did not know and took me few minutes to realize it. The entire second floor is the restaurant. The d├ęcor is pretty nice and modern. The restaurant itself isn't big, so if you coming in a big group, You might wanted call or do reservation. The restroom is located in the front of the entrance. They got large collection of wine and a small bar area as well. While we waiting, they server gave us a bowl of their famous cheeseball bread. I was not too impress, there has was not a lot of cheese inside We wait about 20 minutes before got a table. The table we got was by the window, ok view nothing spectacular view of some old buildings.

The main reason we can besides trying this place for the first time, it happened to be DineLA Week. The price is about $4 cheaper than the regular is, but the bonus is that one dessert is included per person. Normally that goes around $10 each, this place was pretty packed during most of lunchtime, it wasn't until almost 2pm before the crowded start to disappear. This place had very good customer service for the most part.

There is a salad bar; there is a lot of different variety of food. The most usual one was the Seafood Stew; the stew was tasty with shrimps, calamari, octopus, and few mussels. Most of the stuff in the bar is fresh; the smoked salmon was all right. Love those big grilled peppers, and eggplants.

Like most other Brazil Steakhouse, the staff brings the meat to your tablet. You tell them which part of the meat to bet cut, you can cherry pick the rare or well cook part of the meat. The selection is large for weekday lunch. Up to 12 different kinds of meat can selected, but reality this is similar like Dim Sum Cart. Meat are usually come out few time during your time, if you miss it might be a while before you able to get them back. If you like Chicken Heart, then that should be the first thing you tell the server to request for it, it normally take almost 20 minutes. The Chicken Wrapped in Bacon was my least favor, the bacon was not wrap it property and the meat could be tenderer. The Linguica (Brazilian Sausage) Looks good but did not tasted as good, pretty average.

Any sirloin was tasty, and was tender for the most part. The Piranha tastes just like prim ribs, which was strange. They got leg of Lamb as well, this one well cook and is not gammy as I thought it could be. Beside the tiny monster chicken heart, the lamb was the second most favor. Third, got to goes to the Grilled pineapple. They season with cinnamon it was almost match in heaven.
    One of main benefit of DineLA is that it included a dessert. We pick Brazillian Flan and Mangar De Coco. The flan was very good, was not bitter and tasted like been freshly made. The Mangar one was very heavy coconut flavor, even got some pieces of coconut. It was a bit too sweet but is good. I not sure I would paid $10 for each of those dessert though.

Careful what beverage you order, we order their brazillian soda (Guavana Antartica) did not know till the bill came it cost $5! I never drink one can of soda cost that much. The soda is very good but is not worth $5, rather get wine or beer instead. What i really dislike is they did double charge for the soda, not sure if this was done in purpose or just miscommunication.

Overall, I like this place. Brazilian steakhouse is good for those who wanted to get full but also wanted to eat good quality meats. You do get your money worth here, good service and food. I would need to try Porto Alegre and Fogo de Chao to make a better comparison. M Grill price is range in the middle between Porto and Fogo.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    4 Jan 31, 2013

Located in a small Korean plaza, this tiny restaurant serves high quality all-you-can-eat churrasco. They also have some delicious side dishes you can get yourself at their buffet. I do love the meats but I end up gorging on the Brazilian cheese bread that they serve you piping hot.

Jean Rhee
    4 Jan 15, 2013

I'm a fan! AYCE veggies and assorted meats for around $50 pp. The decor of this Ktown churrascuria is nice (sleek, modern) and the servers attentive. Chicken and garlic picanha were my favourites - tender, juicy. The salad bar is smaller than the ones at Fogo and Libra, but I don't view that as a negative bc it had all the things I normally go for in a salad bar - hearts of palm, collard greens, yummy creamed corn, beets etc. Gets crowded and loud, so go early if you want a more romantic ambience. Free parking lot.

Risa Yanai
    4 Sep 07, 2012

I see that everyone is comparing M Grill with Fogo de Chao, but personally, I don't think it makes sense to compare 2 different restaurants in 2 completely different locations (I mean one is in bougie Beverly hills and this one is in affordable Korea town) and 2 different prices. You pretty much get what you pay for and I believe value-wise they are both very reasonably good!

The salad bar and the random hot dish selection was pretty yummy, but I never really care for them because when I come to a brazillian BBQ, I come for the Churrascos and the pao de queijo; cheese balls :D

Quality of meat? not bad at all~ I loved the Garlic Steak, Chicken and the Brazillian Sausage. Prime rib, skirt stake and chicken heart was all amazing. The only thing I didn't really care for was the Mozzarella chicken and was also pretty upset that I forgot to get the lamb! boo! But that's my fault lol

We didn't have a reservation on a busy dineLA night because my friend is new to these things lol~ But the owner squeezed us in because he felt really bad :)

If you are worried to try it out, go during dineLA. $26 for the $37 ayce deal PLUS you get dessert! I got the coconut flan and it was DELICIOUS!

Stuart Falk
    LGBT

A great place for dinner before the Christmas Eve services at nearby Saint James Anglican/Episcopal Church.

• M GrillAmbassador