Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery

1398 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA

• Magnolia Gastropub and BreweryPro 2014

My cousin and I wandered in during our adventure on a Friday, on Haight, hungry for food. We were seated immediately at a table by the window. We heard that they brew their own craft beers and they have pretty tasty food. I love gastropubs. We ordered: burger with bacon and gruyere (to split), heirloom tomato salad with burrata (to split), beers, and the sticky toffee pudding.

Service was excellent. The food was pretty good. The tomatoes were sliced thin and you can't go wrong with burrata mozzarella. The burger was cooked medium and had the perfect amount of pinkness. They split it in half for us and gave us separate places. The fries were crispy too. I even enjoyed the pickle spear too. As for beer, I tried the pomegranate cider (guest beer). It was good and more my style of beer. The sticky toffee pudding was full of toffee flavor. It was more of a cake than the chocolate pot de creme that we decided against and a perfect end to a great meal. It can be a little pricey but we liked it. It can get crowded so be prepared to wait.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers