Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (5)Write a review
- Majestic Colonial Punta CanaDec 31, 2013
I got food poisoning while staying here in November from red snapper at the French restaurant. My husband was also served raw chicken (thankfully he realized before he ate it.)
My food poisoning was so bad that I passed out while puking, and severely chipped my tooth off the toilet. Initially, the resort tried to get us to sign a waiver relieving them from liability and that we would have to agree not to post anything about this online! We of course refused to sign.
They then promised that they would stay in contact until the matter has been resolved - and they have not kept that promise. I am now looking at over $2000 repair to my tooth.
This is TERRIBLE customer service. Think twice before coming here, because it could happen to you too!
- Majestic Colonial Punta CanaFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
Great food (but not a good place for vegans or veggie enthusiasts), very well maintained, customer service was satisfactory (knowing Spanish will help you), fantastic beach. Excursions are not very close (except for the Boogies, they're only 15 minutes away) expect an hour or more bus ride for others. I recommend going with a group of friends but I think couples will be very happy here also. They do a good job of splitting up the main pool area between people who want to dance and do sports, and those who want to relax. There are a good mix of young, old, and families there. Visited between March 31 and April 8 and had perfect weather.Recommended for:
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
Excellent!2432 reviews across the web.
- Guests consider it an awesome beach hotel.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Hotel Building100% loved the terrace.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 91%.
- Service90% found the staff to be very friendly.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 76%.
- Location76% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.