Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 83%Local Culture
- 67%Spiritual Seekers
- 67%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (5)
- Mammoth Mountain Ski ResortMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7First to ReviewAug 31, 2013
well obviously Mammoth Mountain is the best in Cali and in my sometimes humble opinion the best I have been to anywhere (and I have been around the west a bit).
I started skiing / living here at the age of 4 some 33 years ago. I dont get lost on the mountain, love skiing or boarding here. frontside backside its all good.
The summer is full of fun activities too (even if the govt rat bastards wont let you go to the hot springs anymore :'( meanies). There is the jazz fest, the food tastings, the hiking, the backpacking, the 4x4ing, the skiing/snowboarding, tobogganing, the sled dogs, snowmobiles, devils postpile/reds meadow/rainbow falls, and dont forget you can actually stand inside the san andreas fault here (awesome I know huh?) bicycling (mountain or road). I mean its all here. Too bad I cant work up here, then again I dont like to shovel snow so much so nice to come and visit :D
none the less get your bootae up to see the fun life that is Mammoth and bring friends its much better when you do that :)
- Mammoth Mountain Ski ResortMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 14Dec 18, 2012
Absolutely fall in love with this resort all over again every single time I go back. There is nothing better than this ski resort if you don't want to fly and ski every else. This lodge has every single a boarder, skier, tourist need to have a good time!
- Mammoth Mountain Ski ResortMember ofAdventure TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 2Jan 29, 2013
As one of the largest ski resorts in California, Mammoth Mountain is a local favorite for Los Angelenos. It caters mostly to the snowboarding community with benches to sit and strap on bindings at the top of the lift, wide runs, bowls, parks, and few catwalks. The snow is not as soft as Colorado or Utah, so get ready for hard packed powder runs down the mountain.
The only downside is the massive crowd of people that visit Mammoth on the weekend. Waiting in line to board lifts is a downer.
For food, my personal favorite is The Mill, where they serve tender cuts of BBQ brisket, pulled pork, and sandwiches. Go before or around 11AM. It gets crowded.
- Mammoth Mountain Ski ResortOct 24, 2012
absolutely loved the lodge and everything around it!
Our room (1 bed condo) was HUGE and perfect for our 2 yr old to sleep in the other room on the pull-out sofa. To make the experience even better, they have AVEDA toiletries, a laundry room and you were right in the middle of your own little town.
Mediocre618 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for winter sports.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for sports.
- Hotel Building91% thought the facilities needed updating.
- Service89% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationVery easy access to transportation, said 87%.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 85%.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 76% of guests gave positive comments.
- Food53% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.