Masaya

Nice little town famous for its market and volcano. The market is the best shopping spot that we saw on our visit to Nicaragua. The town is also home to a number of small shops / boutiques.

Granada

Granada is probably the most popular and beautiful colonial city in Nicaragua. It is hugely popular with expats and tourist and is located on the shores of Lake Nicaragua. The architecture is beautiful and the city is quite safe by Nicaraguan standards. A pleasant and easy going place to spend a few days.

Leon

A popular stop on the backpacker circuit through Nicaragua and THE place to be if you want to try volcano boarding. Also you'll find relatively easy access to some great surf from here.

Lago de Apoyo

Montelimar

This was my first all-exclusive experience and it was very cool! All-you-can-eat lobster, drinks, dancing, surfing, gambling and more. Great for a big group. I went here with my family who came to visit me in Nicaragua (while I was in the Peace Corps and living there). There's plenty to see outside of this resort for sure so I'd recommend ...