Marina Inn and Suites
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Marina Inn and SuitesMember ofStudentsLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4First to Review
Marina Inn and Suites is located in Little Italy district of San Diego, very close to the maritime museum and the Santa Fe Train Depot (Amtrak Train Station). The unique thing about this motel is the price, is the lowest of all hotel Little Italy and surround area.
+ Price (Lowest in little Italy and nearby) $60 two beds in a weekday only !
+ Free Parking included (First come first serve)
+ Free WiFi
+ Free Breakfast
+ Friendly staff
+ No issue with the room, working heater and the room is clean.
+ No train noise or earthquake shaving when pass by unlike some other hotel nearby
+ Great location, walking distance to several San Diego attraction.
- Street noise is very high especially during rush hour.
- There are no tablet in the lounge so you have to grab it to go only a bit hassle.
- Parking spot could get fill out real quick in the weekend.
* Check in early in Friday or Sat or will not be parking spot left.
* Go to their official site, it has lower rate.
* If you are into budget travel in San Diego, this could be hotel to look with it, the rate in the website is lowers than third party site like Expedia. Paid only $60 for two beds in a weekday. Other hotel would charge closed to $100 or more, free parking is a major factor since parking in San Diego overnight are very pricey, not to mention you get free WiFi and breakfast? Often people said you get what you paid not necessary this one, you get a lot more then you paid for that is for sure. People expect a very nice hotel in this price just crazy I think. Is more idea for people who party and drunk then go back late, if you in a business trip, this will not be your choice of hotel.Recommended for:
- Marina Inn and SuitesMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8
This inn had more of a motel feel to it than an inn & suites, but it was a lot cleaner than I expected. The parking was free, which was nice, and it was pretty close to the trolley stop. It was pretty close to Gaslamp District without the outrageous price, so it was good value for the money.Recommended for:
Mediocre641 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- LocationGood access to the airport, said 99%.
- Hotel64% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.
- Restaurant54% were unsatisfied with the breakfast.
- Service52% said the reception staff was ok.
- InternetInternet is poor.
- Free Parking
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Pets Allowed
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Air Conditioning
- Meeting Rooms
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Car Rental Desk