Marriott Hong Kong Sky City Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- Marriott Hong Kong Sky City HotelMember ofStudentsFoodies
- Free, fast Wi-Fi for Marriott Rewards member (not sure whether it's a limited time promotion)
- Free shuttle bus from/to Hong Kong International Airport, MTR station and Disneyland
- Big room
- Can hear planes' noise
- Expensive breakfast
- Marriott Hong Kong Sky City HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4
I spent one night at the property due to a flight delay. The property is above average in terms of room furnishings and design. Showers are large and furniture is in a modern Asian-influenced style. The property is also a 5 minute drive from the airport and runs free shuttles every 20 minutes.
I had a few problems during my stay and would be very tempted to try a different property if I had to stay at the airport again. If you have any time at all, I would highly recommend staying in the city. The problems I faced:
- many of the rooms and hallways have a musty and smoky smell, this includes "non-smoking" rooms. I'm usually not that picky but had to change three times before I was able to get a room that was not unpleasant
- reception / operators don't answer the phones. if you have to call the front desk or operator, expect to wait a long time
- walls are thin and it is very easy to hear televisions, talking, and music in neighboring rooms
I definitely wouldn't recommend this place but it could be worse. Service was good at the in-house restaurant. I also found the airport representatives to be very helpful. The experience at reception was mixed.Recommended for:
- Marriott Hong Kong Sky City Hotel
The Marriott Sky City is located on Chek Lap Kok Island, only a few minutes away from the airport and adjacent to the Asia World Expo Center. I couldn't imagine a nicer hotel option for visiting professionals, flight crews or travelers with overnight layovers.
The hotel is only three years old and it is immaculate. There are six dining establishments, including a buffet with a chocolate fountain, and the hotel offers an awesome afternoon tea set! The rooms are spacious, with king size beds and views of the water. Marriott Rewards members receive complimentary wireless internet access and guests staying on the club floors can use the lounge where they are offered free snacks and refreshments. There is a Quan Spa, an indoor pool and a 24 hour gym.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Tung Chung MTR Station and Disneyland. It's pretty far from the city though, so it's only a convenient choice for travelers needing to stay by either the airport or expo center.
Excellent!5077 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a perfect airport hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- GroundsClean pool, said 100%.
- LocationGood access to the airport, said 99%.
- Service91% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Room82% thought rooms were spacious.
- Hotel Building76% said the facilities were very new.
- HotelHotel is great.
Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a health club, a sauna, a fitness facility, and a steam room. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms. This 4.5 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, a technology helpdesk, and limo/town car service. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. Wedding services and tour/ticket assistance are available. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff. This is a smoke free property.
Beds come with premium bedding. Refrigerators,
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Mini Bar In Room