Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- Marriott Phoenix Desert RidgeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesStudentsFirst to Review
This place is a full-sized resort. The entrance way looks less like a hotel lobby and more like an airport terminal, with huge windows looking out to the hotel's pools and gardens. And it's huge. The 900+ room resort (all housed within one massive X-shaped building) has hallways big enough to drive a small truck through. But being so big means walking a long way to get to the resort's main attractions, and I was told that guests have been complaining about the trek.
The main outdoor attraction is the hotel's complex of pools. A lazy river, waterslide and multitude of regular pools means there's plenty for the family to do even during the heat of the summer. And when the weather's a bit nicer, you can hit the links on the hotel's two golf courses.
I was told that for an extra $65/day/person, you get access to the hotel's “Griffon Club,” where you can sample from a variety of buffets and grab a drink at the private bar. The price seems a bit steep for what you get, but if you're looking for a private place to grab a bite, it might be something you'd like to look into.Recommended for:
Excellent!77 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location94% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service94% found the staff to be very friendly.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 89%.
- Restaurant88% loved the dining experience.
- HotelHotel is great.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Free Hi Speed Internet