Matfen, Newcastle upon Tyne NE20 0RH, England
See Room Choices:
- Be the first to review this place!+10 points (applies to reviews that are 75 characters or more)
Excellent!293 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for golfers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location91% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- HotelExcellent hotel. 90% of guests enjoyed it.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 88% of the guests liked it.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 83%.
- Room75% thought rooms were spacious.
Year built 1999 year remodeled 2010additional property description matfen hall hotel, golf and spa is situated in the charming village of matfen and is the ancestral home of sir hugh and lady blackett. this stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. enjoy true northumbrian hospitality at matfen hall hotel. matfen hall hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. our golf estate includes a 27 hole course, par 3 course and driving range. relax in the hotel leisure facilities, with the unique fire and ice experience, use the extensive fitness suite or book a treatment in our spa. our award winning two aa rosette library restaurant offers a fine dining experience in a traditional setting. relax after your meal in front of the log fire in the drawing room offering views over the matfen estate and golf course. the hotel is able to cater for conferences and dinners for up to 120 guests. we also offer on site a go ape assault course for a great adventurous days activities. all rates include full breakfast