Within a 5-minute walk from hotel Des Indes, you will be at the Royal Picture Gallery Mauritshuis. The Mauritshuis is an art museum in The Hague, the Netherlands. Previously the residence of count John Maurice of Nassau, it now has a large art collection, including paintings by Dutch painters such as Johannes Vermeer, Rembrandt van Rijn, Jan Steen, Paulus Potter ...
Things to do near Mauritshuis
- 10.21 miLange Voorhout 74, The Hague, Netherlands0.21 mi from Mauritshuis8 reviews
Across the street of hotel Des Indes you will find the Escher museum. 'Escher in Het Paleis' is a permanent exhibition dedicated to the world-famous artist M.C. Escher, whose art startled millions of people all over the world. The collection is housed in the former Winter Palace of Queen Mother Emma of the Netherlands. It is the only public building ...Popular withStudentsDesignLocal
- 20.22 miSpuiplein 70, The Hague, Netherlands0.22 mi from Mauritshuis2 reviews
The town hall of The Hague is where people can go when they want to contact the community, but also for a cup of coffee. The great white building has the greatest Atrium of the Netherlands. The Town Hall is situated in the city center of The Hague, close to Hotel Des Indes.
- 30.06 miHofvijver, 2513 The Hague, The Netherlands0.06 mi from Mauritshuis2 reviews
Do certainly visit the Binnenhof and the Hofvijver! Only 5 minutes away form hotel Des Indes is where the political center of the Netherlands is located. The Queen holds her annual speech here and the prime minister has his office at the Binnenhof as well. Plus, the Binnenhof is a treat for your eyes!Popular withOutdoor
- 40.2 miBuitenhof 20, The Hague, Netherlands0.2 mi from Mauritshuis2 reviews
One of the 4 cinemas of The hague. They aren't playing too much mainstream, but also aren't playing to much artistic movies. So you'll get good movies there. It's nicely situated in the center and in a very old building.
- 50.23 miPassage 15, 2511 AB The Hague, Netherlands0.23 mi from Mauritshuis1 review
With smart phones and laptops all over the place, there is still room for a hand written thank you note and a good pen. Right here at Passage 15 in Central Den Haag is a classic pen shop that I return to every time I'm in town. And they've been around since 1910 and know their writing instruments, and in ...
- 60.56 mi
- 70.45 miGrote Markt, 2512 The Hague, The Netherlands0.45 mi from Mauritshuis4 reviews
Grote Markt is just a short walk from hotel Des Indes and located in the middle of the shopping center of The Hague. With its many bars and occasional concerts, it is a perfect place for a drink or small lunch.Popular withLocalFamiliesTrendsters
- 80.7 miBazarstraat 42, The Hague, Netherlands0.7 mi from Mauritshuis3 reviews
Great food, Great atmosphere. What I love about this place is that the service is of high level while everything during your dinner/drinks stays relaxed and not too up tight. After dinner, stay for a drink especially on Thursday, Friday of Saturday. It gets quite busy on those days, which makes Wicked Wines even more fun to go to.Popular withAdventure
- 90.31 miSpui 187, The Hague, Netherlands0.31 mi from Mauritshuis1 review
Theater het Spui wants to exceed boundaries and amaze you! All kinds of spectacular shows are hosted, usually around 20:30 hours. In the bar, usually art work from young temporary artists in displayed, which you can enjoy along with a drink.
- 100.31 miSpui 191, The Hague, Netherlands0.31 mi from Mauritshuis1 review
The Hague offers an abundance of cultural attractions, such as theatres, cabaret, musicals, circus, classical music, pop concerts and exhibitions. If you enjoy a cultural night out, visit one of the movies projected in the Filmhuis, a minutes-walk from hotel Des Indes.
- 110.35 miPrinsestraat 1-3, 2513 CA The Hague, Netherlands0.35 mi from Mauritshuis1 review
I love going into European stationary stores, and Kantoorvakhandel Berlage is my favourite one to go to when I'm in Den Haag. I especially enjoy looking at the Pen selection and imagining the possibilities of A4 size paper and various ways to organize them. This store is large (by Dutch standards), has a great selection, is easy to navigate, and ...
- 120.4 mi
- 130.64 miKoninginnegracht 80-A, The Hague, Netherlands0.64 mi from Mauritshuis1 review
Willemsvaart-for chartered boat of the areas. Charter a sloop for a few hours or a full day! Call or send an email for additional information.Popular withGreenFamiliesOutdoor
- 141.44 miGeorge Maduroplein 1, 2584 RZ The Hague, Netherlands1.44 mi from Mauritshuis23 reviews
This was a cute place to visit during my day trip to Den Haag with my family. It was fun looking and posing with all the miniature buildings that are famous in the Netherlands. You can leisurely walk through the park and see everything in about 2 hours.Popular withFamiliesHistoryLocal
- 152.69 miStrandweg 21-29, The Hague, Netherlands2.69 mi from Mauritshuis4 reviews
Crazy Pianos, famous in Scheveningen, but very popular with the rest of the country! As the name suggests, everything revolves around the bright red pianos, located in the center of the bar. Two Pianists entertain the guests by playing any song that is requested in many different music styles. A Unique experience in Scheveningen!Popular withAdventure
- 161.59 miStadhouderslaan 41, Den Haag, Netherlands1.59 mi from Mauritshuis4 reviews
The municipal museum "het Gemeentemuseum" is renowned for its large Mondrian collection, the largest in the world. The Gemeentemuseum hold mainly contemporary art and has different exhibitions throughout the year.Popular withFamilies
- 172.01 mi
- 182.11 miMr. P. D. Fortuynwg 79, Den Haag, Nederland2.11 mi from Mauritshuis2 reviews
A nice park just outside of the city center. Normally used for walks, jogging and some playing kids once a year this park turns into the one day festival simply called "Park pop". Easily accessible and not too expensive it is the festival to go to for some light entertainment.Popular withFamilies
- 192.6 miScheveningen Badplaats, The Hague, Netherlands2.6 mi from Mauritshuis2 reviews
Hidden in the Dunes of Scheveningen, as a pearl in the sand, museum Beelden aan Zee (Sculptures by the Sea) is located. The museum was founded in 1994 and focuses exclusively on modern and contemporary international sculpture. Beelden aan Zee is a private museum, supported by a large group of enthusiastic volunteers and structurally supported by an association of friends.Popular withDesignTrendstersLocal
- 201.93 miKapelweg 35, Den Haag, Nederland1.93 mi from Mauritshuis1 review
An emerald in the heart of The Hague's beach district. The park entrance is just a short walk from "Nieuwe Duinweg" stop on Tram 9. Don't leave our beautiful green city without visiting the Rosarium or taking tea at "De Waterkant."Popular withFamiliesOutdoorGreen