With McMenamins, some locals might see a regional chain among a plethora of more interesting choices. Ah Portlandia! After visiting a number of their establishments, I'm reminded of the huge Pappas chain in Houston. Both that Bayou City family and the McMenamin Brothers have their various concepts and execute them consistently well. And for those lucky enough to enjoy their ...
Things to do near McMenamins on Broadway
- 10.21 mi
- 20.01 mi1501 NE Broadway St, Portland, OR0.01 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Aztec Willie is one of the main places to go salsa dancing in Portland. The dance floor is large enough to accommodate a substantial amount of swinging hipped dancers. The music is a mix of reggaeton, salsa, merengue, and bachata. They also offer salsa lessons too.Popular with
- 30.84 mi
- 40.81 mi
- 50.9 mi
- 60.92 mi600 Northeast Couch Street, Portland, OR0.92 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
I never tried Muay Thai kickboxing before, and I thought it was really fun and enjoyable. It's a solid workout as well. The instructor was effective and reassuring in making me comfortable throw swings and punches. There are definitely more kicks and swings in Muay Thai, but the instructor was helpful in guiding me along with the other participants.Popular with
- 70.72 mi777 NE ML King Blvd, Portland, OR 972320.72 mi from McMenamins on Broadway2 reviews
The Convention Center is 3.5. It's just in a slightly awkward place, I mean it's pretty close to downtown, but really the river is what makes this place a 3.5 instead of a 5. Getting there can be a nightmare if you don't use public transportation.
- 80.75 mi
- 90.77 mi1430 Northeast Sandy Boulevard, Portland, OR, United States0.77 mi from McMenamins on Broadway2 reviews
Some serious elbow bending is done here. This windowless, free standing structure is designed to keep the chaos in and the temperance out. Drinks are strong and cheap, and the bartenders are down to earth and friendly. Two pool tables and a few video games provide low key distractions, and some booths provide comfort. Like all Portland bars, hot and ...Popular with
- 100.62 mi410 Northeast 17th Avenue, Portland, OR, United States0.62 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Portland is such an active outdoorsy place, it's no surprise that locals love to go bouldering. An excellent, newer, enhanced version of the original bouldering Circuit Gym, which is based in the SW of Portland. There are more walls and problems to climb. Due to the new facility, it can get crowded so you might have to wait before you ...Popular with
- 110.92 mi22 Northeast 7th Avenue, Portland, OR0.92 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Great things do come in small packages, as confirmed by this low-key hole-in-the-wall bar. A chalkboard displays a wine selection that changes daily, though the gregarious owner, Amalie Roberts, professes a passion for rosés—10 are regularly available by the glass. While Paris was one source of inspiration, Kir also tips a hat to nearby Willamette Valley, stocking local crowd-pleasers like ...Popular with
- 120.68 mi2016 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, United States0.68 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Right in the neighborhood! A blues bar with different groups every night. Friendly, good food, and great music.
- 130.86 mi
- 140.96 miPortland, Oregon, United States0.96 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Some might think that the Eastbank Esplanade is the poor sister to it's Willamette-side sister across the river. Others might not even know it's here to be enjoyed. And when you throw in a Steel and Hawthorne Bridge crossing, this is one fine loop to people watch, admire local arts, watch cherry trees in seasonal bloom, enjoy the views, and ...Popular with
- 150.98 mi1021 Northeast 33rd Avenue, Portland, OR0.98 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
The Movement Center is a spiritual sanctuary in NE Portland that offers hatha yoga courses, guided meditations, and a variety of retreats, philosophical lectures, and rituals in Tibetan Buddhism and the non-dual Hindu tradition of Kashmir Shaivism. This large complex is surrounded by a large, peaceful garden and is a relaxing place to unwind for a couple of hours. They ...Popular with
- 160.97 mi542 E Burnside Portland, OR 972140.97 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
This is Justin Machus's second Brick & Mortar Store. My first experience with his retailing skills was Local35 (on SE Hawthorne) which opened in 2003 and closed in 2011 after a successful 8 year run. So maybe this is the next step in this particular retailer's evolution. The current Machus was founded with a focus of bringing modern yet classic ...
- 170.79 mi
- 180.87 mi1300 SW Burnside Portland, OR 972140.87 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Poler Outdoor Stuff has now taken over the Blackbox space formally occupied by Dunderdon. I walked in here a few weeks ago and was both saddened by the formers demise and pleasantly surprised for this new kid of the block. I have previously purchased a neat Polar Stuff duffel bag via their online store, and I was pleased to see ...
- 190.83 mi21 Northeast 12th Avenue, Portland, OR, United States0.83 mi from McMenamins on Broadway1 review
Portland Rock Gym is the main place to go for top rope climbing. The gym also has a small bouldering wall. The walls are long and vast. There's a section for the beginning climbers, but most of the routes are intermediate or difficult.Popular with
- 200.89 mi