Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 90%Art & Design Lovers
- 90%Local Culture
- 90%Family Travelers
- 55%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Meddusa HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsHistory Buffs+ 2
A decent budget hotel that’s close to all the sights of Sultanahmet such as the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace. It’s a really excellent price for the location but you do pay for that with space. The rooms are very small – double bed pushed against the wall with just enough space to walk around it. However, if you’re out sight-seeing and tasting the delights of Turkish restaurants in the evening (as you should be in Istanbul) the lack of space doesn’t really matter. Amazingly for a budget hotel, it has roof terrace with views up the Bosphrous and does a decent breakfast up on the rood every morning.Recommended for:
- Meddusa HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to Review
One of the great things about Istanbul is that many of the best apartments and hotels are small operations and lurk in the nooks between the major international chains. Meddusa is just down the street from Hagia Sophia and the Basilica Cistern. It has a great view and serves a full Turkish breakfast for a surprisingly reasonable price.Recommended for:
Very Good!397 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location97% liked the proximity to sightseeing.
- Restaurant88% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 83%.
- Hotel73% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingFor 65%, terrace was good enough.
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Data Ports
- Non-Smoking Rooms