Melia Caribe Tropical
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Melia Caribe TropicalMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLuxury TravelersSep 13, 2013
Who Should Go: Couples, families, groups
Why: While it’s so sprawling that a mini-train shuttles guests around its vast grounds, the Melia Caribe Tropical offers a Royal Service upgrade which tames the beast. Royal Treatment guests can take advantage of the extensive amenities of a mega-resort while staying in their own wing, complete with dedicated butler service, as well as a private restaurant, pool, and exclusive stretch of Punta Cana’s spectacular blue water and bone-white sand beach. A beach concierge and runners fetch drinks and cool towels to your shady palapa. The distractions are many: golf, a climbing wall, windsurfing, ten pools, tennis, and a casino. The Flintstones-themed kids’ club operates until the late evening so parents can enjoy some uninterrupted yabba-dabba-you time.
The Dollars: Junior Suites in the Royal Service wing (sleeps 2 adults and 2 children) are available from $458/night.
- Melia Caribe TropicalFirst to ReviewSep 13, 2013
Excellent choice for families. Baby care for infants starting at 4 months so mom and dad get a real vacation. Will allow families with three kids to share the same room with parents. Excellent staff and fantastic beach
Very Good!1370 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this hotel for golfers.
- Ambiance94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- Beach91% appreciated the clean beach.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 88% satisfied guests.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 88%.
- Location84% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.