Melia White House
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 68%Family Travelers
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
Member Reviews (5)
- Melia White HouseMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Jul 04, 2012
The service is sweet, the rooms are decorated classically but with continental style. I quite liked the dark wood bar and the cozy feeling of the rooms, and although I didn't catch the live Spanish guitar, it piqued my interest. The location is pretty convenient if you like to walk or want to go to Regent's Park, although the Great Portland St. tube is on the lackluster Hammersmith & City, Circle and Metropolitan trifecta of lines. All in all, however, a nice choice.
- Melia White HouseMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2Jul 04, 2012
Set on a quiet street near Marylebone Road in Central London is the Melia White House hotel offering well-appointed accommodations and superb facilities that are mostly popular among Spanish and Latin guests. Its 581 guestrooms are diverse in dimension and style; the superior rooms feature traditional décor, relatively modern furnishings, super comfortable beds and elegant marble bathrooms. Its two restaurants are the main gastro attractions onsite; The Place serving a mix of international la carte and/or buffet meals on a casual, and the award-winning L’Albufera restaurant serving creative Spanish flavors along with an impressive wine collection on a fine dining ambiance. For live piano sounds, light bites and classic drinks, the Longfords Bar is open downstairs. The Fitness Center features a good selection of cardio and strength building equipment. Service is continually outstanding, but complementary Wi-Fi Internet is limited to 30 minutes. The property facing Regents Park, and is close to popular sites such as the British Library, the BT Tower, The British Museum, Madame Tussauds, and the famous Oxford and Regent shopping Streets.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
Very Good!1895 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 99%.
- Hotel96% thought it was clean.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Ambiance89% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Food78% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant. 78% of guests gave positive comments.