Trip Plan Details
commented on this trip
La Boqueria.Comment.27 days ago. Report
- Casa BatllóPasseig de Gràcia 43, 08007 Barcelona, Spainrecommended Casa BatllóAbsolument superbe! C'est pas donné, mais le lieu vaut le prix du billet On peut y passer facilement au moins 2 heures si l'on est interessé par Gaudi ou par le design tout simplement. Ils font des ... read morevisites nocturnes (c'est ce que j'ai choisi) on a un audio guide multi langues qui nous apprend tout les petits details et donnent vie à l'endroit. La visite se finit a un bar ou on deguste une coupe de cava.Thierry Lainey
if you love Guell park, and sagrada familia church, you must absolutely visit this one. At night, it's possible to visit with an audioguide and have a cup a cava (the local champagne) : the atmosphere is unbelievable. If you're not hurry and if you like this house the visit can last 2 hours. Definitely in my top 3 in Barcelona
- La Sagrada FamíliaCarrer de Mallorca 401, Barcelona 08013, Spainrecommended La Sagrada Famíliale Must absolu de Barcelone! Il faut absolument la voir et, au minimum prendre le temps de contempler l'exterieur. Actuellement ils ont posé les vitraux et l'intérieur est dejà somptueux et coloré. ... read moreL'architecture debridée de Gaudi est vraiment unique . Venir très tot le matin ou reserver son ticket sur internet car les files d'attente sont longues plus d'une heure avant l'ouverture certains jours. Ne pas manquer le musée en sous sol avec les artisans en train de créer les maquettes, etc...Recommended for:Art & Design LoversThierry Lainey
Book your ticket on the website before , you won't have to be a part of the huge queue, otherwise you must be there soon in the morning.
1 hour before opening there's often hundreds of people already waiting.recommended La Sagrada FamíliaThe crazy thing about this place...is that it was started in the 1800's....and it's still not finished...yet one of the most amazing buildings in the world with incredible arches, Sculptures, etc... ... read moreGaudi was an absolute genius...if only he did the building he was almost commissioned to do in NYC...recommended La Sagrada FamíliaI can’t imagine seeing Sagrada Familia not being under construction in my lifetime. But that doesn’t matter, because it’s amazing as it is, and it’s such a rewarding feeling to see it with your own ... read moreeyes. You can’t stop admiring every little part of this incredible work of art. Being inside, gives you a feeling of partaking in some kind of ritual of observing something that only certain people are privileged to see. Visit the museum to learn about the vision that Gaudi had and compare some of his drawings to the sculptures you see outside. Go up one of the towers – you will be rewarded with some unusual views and details that you can’t see from the ground.
- Barceloneta BeachPasseig Marítim de la Barceloneta, Barcelona, CT 08005 Spainrecommended Barceloneta BeachThis is a great beach for people watching that you can walk to from the city. It does get a lot of tourists...but it's worth hitting. Also, instead of getting a drink on the beach bar...get a fresh ... read moreMojito from one of the couples walking around selling them...cost very little and was great. Head down the boardwalk going left to hit the different beaches that the locals go to. Prepare to have your heart broken when you see a beautiful topless Spanish woman of your fantasies walk by...to go get her kids playing in the sand by the water...recommended Barceloneta BeachBarcelona is still growing even booming at the moment! It is amazing to see a city so close to the beach! If visit Barcelona definitely take the time to make it down to the beaches. I would highly ... read morerecommend getting a meal at one of the great affordable restaurants right on the sea!Yogic Traveler
To me the fact that the beach was so close to the city was really fascinating!
- Barri GòticCatalan, Barcelona, CT 08002 Spainrecommended Barri GòticThis is Barcelona's NY Soho...it's loaded with great restaurants, bars, museums and people watching. Going from Tapas bar to Tapas bar is a great way to bounce around while stopping into bars here and ... read morethere...
- Park GüellD'Olot, s/n, Barcelona, CT 08024 Spainrecommended Park GüellThis place looks like they found Atlantis...and then flipped it upside down. If you're into photography you"ll go crazy here taking pictures. Just note, it gets very busy so you may want to try and go ... read moreearly.recommended Park GüellSpectacular! I'll definitely be going back there before I leave Barcelona. The day I went it was a bit crowded but it was a Sunday. I'm hoping next time there won't be quite so many people. ... read moreRegardless, it was incredible! Went back on a weekday during the day (also during November, the off season) and it was very nice! Much better without the large crowds.Yogic Traveler
So beautiful and you can see the entire city from the park.
- La Boqueria Rambla 91, 08002 Barcelona, Spainrecommended La BoqueriaThis is the most amazing food market I've seen anywhere in the world! Grab a fruit juice, some Iberico ham, check out the selection of fresh seafood, grab some tapas and then some amazing chocolates. ... read moreGo back and do it again...recommended La BoqueriaGo to Mercat de la Boqueria for brunch or lunch… find a vendor that you like (or where you see a lot of locals) and order a bunch of dishes to try (be adventurous)… make sure you get cava to go with ... read moreit (even if it’s 10 o’clock in the morning). It is an unforgettable experience. If it’s fall season, you’ll see a lot of mushrooms around the market, and ready to be cooked for you. My husband is mushroom-crazy, so it was like heaven for him. You can also buy some cheese, jamon, fruit and bread to eat later at your hotel or for a simple picnic if you are going on a day trip outside Barcelona.
- Dalí Theatre and MuseumPlaza Gala-Salvador Dalí, 5, Figueres, Spainrecommended Dalí Theatre and MuseumIf you enjoy Art and are a fan of Dali I highly recommend a day trip here. I took one that included Girona. There is also a museum of his works in Barcelona that I would go to as well...but like ... read moreDali...this place was crazy wild...it's a must see
recommended GironaThis is a great little city north of Barcelona with a lot of history. It used to be a thriving Jewish community until 1492 when my brethren were expelled. It has great little streets to walk, tasty ... read moreTapas and Gelato joints plus a decent amount of shopping. The walk across the bridge is very picturesque due to the multi-colored buildings.Steve Hunter
This would make a great day trip combined with going to the Dali Theatre
- Las RamblasMonument a Colom in the south to Placa de Catalunya, Barcelona, CT Spainrecommended Las RamblasStreet artists, pets and lots of people can be found here. I enjoyed it so much!Katie Pierce
Walking down Las Ramblas is definitely an experience! They have vendors, street performers and more crowding the street. Plus it takes you from the Boqueria over to the beach!
- Barcelona Picasso MuseumCarrer de Montcada 15-23, Barcelona, CT 08003 Spainrecommended Barcelona Picasso MuseumLoved this museum! It was pouring outside and we waited outside but it was worth it!Katie Pierce
This is a great museum and I love the area in which it is located. The Gothic district is filled with winding streets, cute little shops and, of course, Gothic architecture.
recommended Meetup.comA great way to meet people in a new city! They have groups for all different interests and there is something for everyone! Some groups are very specific but others are more general welcome groups or ... read moregroups for meeting other English speakers. There are always events on so it's a great way to meet people no matter how long you are planning to stay in Barcelona.Yogic Traveler
Check out meetup.com. I know you are only going for a few days but there might be a cool, LGBT meet up during those days!
- Font Magica de MontjuïcFont Magica de Montjuïc, Av Maria Cristina, 08004 Barcelona, Spainrecommended Font Magica de MontjuïcAbsolutely loved it! Totally worth seeing. It is only on Friday and Saturday nights from around 7 to 9PM I think. The do about a 20 minute or so show with music and lights, supposedly it repeats the ... read moreshow several times over a few hours starting at 7PM. The show is at the fountain in front of the Catalan Art Museum (the castle looking building between the two towers at Placa Espana). There was a large crowd to see the show even in mid-November (well outside of tourist season).Yogic Traveler
One of my favorite things in the city!
- WOKI ORGANIC MARKETRonda de la Universitat, 20, 08007 Barcelona, Españarecommended WOKI ORGANIC MARKETFor a uniquely delicious dinning experience in Barcelona I would absolutely recommend Woki! Dine on a fine selection of healthy dishes and do your organic shopping all at the same time. I had a ... read morepumpkin ravioli with cream sauce that was perfecto! I went there for a green drinks meet up and had the pleasure to meet the owner and he said that the key that he get only the best ingredients. In my opinion you could really taste the quality in the dish.Yogic Traveler
Another great organic place to check out! Lots of veggie options.
- Namaste IIC/ Villarroel, 70, 08011 Barcelona, Spainrecommended Namaste IIYummy Indian food! I would say it is the best I've had in Barcelona. The restaurant is nicely set up and they serve a varied menu. The day menu is set up like a thali plate with small samples of ... read moreseveral dishes served in little silver dishes. Very nice, would definitely recommend!Yogic Traveler
I found it incredibly difficult to find veggie food in Barcelona but this place was great!
recommended BarcelonaBarcelona is a fun city to visit – it has amazing architecture, rich culture and history, wonderful food, variety of incredible sights to fit many interests, great vibe and energy… You need at least ... read more3-4 days (preferably more) to get a feel for it. You can download free walking tours to your iPod and explore various districts and sights at your leisure. Barcelona is a good base to explore the surrounding area (then you need to plan more days here, of course).