Mendocino Farms

4724 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA

602 people visited Mendocino Farms

Muy S
    4 Jan 22, 2014

Yum yum, I had the prosciutto and chicken panini and it was really good. The ciabatta bread was perfectly toasty and all the ingredients tasted super fresh. oooh yea, get some of the jalapeno relish on the side!

I traded half of my sandwich for my friend's half of her steak sandwich. It turned out to be the Blue Cow Steak Cobb, which has blue cheese in it..... blehhhhhhhhhh! Instant regret. I picked out the blue cheese and had no problem eating the rest, and what I thought was amazing, again, was the bread! This sandwich had sliced bread, and it was so soft and chewy.

We were offered samples of the sides and salads (awesome!) and they were all pretty good but I think my favorite was the curry couscous.

Great service too! I would definitely recommend this place if you are in the area.

Erin V
    4 Apr 27, 2013

If you're a sandwich lover, you have to try Mendocino Farms.

What Mendocino is:
    A cool place that promotes eating seasonal ingredients
    Yummy comfort sandwiches that's healthy
    Vegan and vegetarian friendly

What Mendocino is not:
    Cheap. Don't forget you're paying for quality ingredients.

What it could be:
    One of the best sandwich spots in town.

Andrea L
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    5 Apr 23, 2013

I had my first Mendo experience here!

Love the vegan banh mi! The sandwiches here are made with high quality ingredients and the staff really cares about providing an enjoyable experience.

The prepared salads and soups are also great and very vegan and vegetarian friendly. They have a unique variety of artisan sodas to go along with their exquisite menu selections.

Vincent Mao
    5 Oct 02, 2012

OMG can I say bomb bomb bomb. First off, this is a cafeteria order as you go style spot. I miss food spots like this from my good old Davis days. Everything is fresh and everything is AMAZing. The best part is that you can sample all of the sides (I got full just sampling the sides). I want more of that Curried Orozoco stuff or whatever that curry goodness is! Everything is fresh and delicious.

I ordered the spicy lemongrass steak Banh Mi sandwich was was a 4/5. Really tasty, good portions. However, I sampled the Prosciutto and roasted chicken sandwich that was heaven sent! Total foodgasm moment when I took a bite! This place gets pretty packed so get there early and have someone in your party scout for seats before they fill up!

Claudia Contreras
    5 Sep 19, 2012

Every time I go to Mendocino Farms I try a new sandwich and fall in love. The "Not So Fried" Chicken, Prosciutto and Roasted Chicken, and the Spicy Lemongrass Steak Banh Mi are some of my absolute favorite sandwiches. You can't go wrong with anything on their menu (even their sides)!

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    5 Sep 11, 2012

I've been a fan of Mendocino Farms since when they first opened at the Water Court in downtown LA. It's great to see that they are spreading all over town!! They make my favorite sandwiches. The drunken goat, vegan shawarma and their banh mi are my favorites. It's a great place for lunch!

katmandu
    5 Aug 29, 2012

I'm all about sustainable foods-- and if they're local, even better! Mendocinos started out at downtown LA, and I'm super stoked to have them open up a location in marina del rey. They have their staple menu- banh mi, study in heat (turkey), and other delicious chicken sandwiches, But they also have a seasonal menu-- so we never get bored! (not that that's even possible).

Sue Zhou

My favorite sandwich place ! Something for meat lovers, vegetarians and vegans alike. Wine and beer for the lushes out there. Chicken MBT and pork belly bahn mi are my favorites !

Richard P

I have had Mendocino Farms bookmarked for quite sometime, but I never had a chance to actually try it out. Marina del Rey isn't too far from work, but often times we choose to eat closer to save some time. However today I decided to make the drive and pickup a sandwich. It was definitely worth the drive.

Parking is easy as it is located in a shopping area. There are plenty of spots.

I came in around 1pm and was able to quickly order. The service was speedy and friendly. I was in and out within 10 minutes.

I tried the Kurobuta Pork Belly Banh Mi. It was delicious. The Pork was flavorful and pretty lean for pork belly. It was tender and delicious. The Banh Mi was filled with the traditional pickled Daikon and Carrots, cilantro, cucumbers and jalapenos. The ciabatta was crispy and not too heavy. I usually don't like ciabatta because it is too dense, but they bread here was actually pretty good. The Banh Mi was a pretty good rendition of the traditional Vietnamese sandwich. It's like a meatier, better version!

Overall a great sandwich. It is a little pricey at about $10 per sandwich, but you can definitely taste the quality. I will definitely be driving to Marina del Rey for lunch more often!

• Mendocino FarmsCommunity ManagerPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Oct 18, 2013

Love the salads and sandwiches here! You can try all the salads before purchasing!

Recommended for:FoodiesTrendsters