Trip Plan Details
- Gilden Lodge436 Monroe Way, Mt Shasta, CA, United Statesrecommended Gilden LodgeA beautiful log home with stunning views. Lovely year round. Two very large bedrooms, two good size bedrooms and some spill over sleeping areas if needed. Easy access to town. Have stayed here several ... read moretimes with 3 families and children and absolutely loved it. It just gets better and better..Comment.19 days ago. ReportDaniel Lewis
Consider stopping in Mount Shasta on your way from California to Seattle.
- Point Reyes National Seashore1 Bear Valley Road, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956-9703recommended Point Reyes National SeashoreA scenic and relatively remove stretch of rugged California coast. It takes time to access and explore the different locations. Dress for changing weather conditions. Many wonderful small towns in the ... read morearea with fantastic dining options.Daniel Lewis
Potentially on your way or perhaps a side trip to consider.
- Tillamook Cheese Factory4175 Highway 101 North, Tillamook, OR 97141recommended Tillamook Cheese FactoryIn a lovely area relatively this location makes a nice stop during your road trip. They have a good tour on making their popular cheeses. Large food court makes a convenient place to have lunch ... read morefollowed by ice cream!Daniel Lewis
This is a consideration if you take the coastal route to Seattle.
- Sterling Vineyards1111 Dunaweal Lane, Calistoga, CA 94515recommended Sterling VineyardsGreat view from on the way up and from the fabulous porch. The tour in the vineyards is self guided but you have tv screen with short videos all over the place explaining on the process of making the ... read morewine.Recommended for:
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery300 Souverain Road, Geyserville, CArecommended Francis Ford Coppola WineryWe had a wonderful time here. Stopped in for a lovely lunch on our way to Mendocino for the weekend. Sat outside on the patio. Service was very good. They were very accomodating of our six your old ... read moredaughter. Nice building and grounds to walk through as well. Recommend making reservations and being patient..Comment.21 days ago. ReportDaniel Lewis
A somewhat remote and relaxed winery focused on food more than anything else.
commented on this trip
Let me say this, we are still planning this trip and our final destination is Seattle, WA. We know that we want to stay somewhere in the Napa Valley area and have no idea where to go. We are a large group, 11 people to be exact, ages ranging from 68 to 8.
recommended MendocinoLovely stretch of nothern California along the ocean. Redwood forests, beaches, old coastal towns, wineries, B&Bs... so much to enjoy.Daniel Lewis
Consider Mendocino, Fort Bagg, Little River and such for a coastal getaway in northern California. Take 128 to the coast and explore.
- Russian River Brewing Company725 Fourth St, Santa Rosa, CA 95404recommended Russian River Brewing CompanyRecommended for:
recommended HealdsburgNorth of Sonoma and Napa Valleys lies Healdsburg, a chic, well-heeled wine country town that revolves around a grassy town square. Star chefs have restaurant outposts here, and the boutique shopping ... read morefeels almost endless. Start your day here with a visit to a bakery and Flying Goat Coffee, then grab a picnic lunch from the Oakville Grocery and head off for a day of wine tasting in the Dry Creek and/or Alexander Valleys nearby (you can also cycle from town).Recommended for:Sara Benson
How far north of Napa Valley are you willing to go? That might help narrow down which places people recommend to you here on Gogobot.