Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
Member Reviews (5)
- MilleniumMember ofLuxury TravelersJul 04, 2012
This is technically a vegan restaurant but if you went here not knowing that you would never guess it. This place is a little pricey. Every time I go there are numerous birthday people here. It is seriously so amazing though. You could definitely take a carnivore here and they would be happy. In fact they have a "bring a carnivore" day twice a month where dinner is half off (or something to that effect). The desserts are a must. That's my true test of a vegan restaurant. If they can make a vegan cheesecake taste delicious then I'm won over. It's in the Hotel California btw.
- MilleniumMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 5Jul 05, 2012
We found the Vegans' G-spot at the Millennium.
We all had the Market Menu's Whole Soy Bean special with wine pairings ($65).
I had the following with comments:
- Fresh Yuba Roll - roasted parsnip and oyster mushroom filling, kumquat, sea vegetable& cucumber salad, sweet & spicy tamarind vinaigrette. Came out crispy and fresh. It was "different" not having meat in a roll, but it was pleasantly refreshing.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Gris, Navarro 07 - Loved it. Navarro is one of our favorite wineries, so it was a nice surprise to have it pared with the Yuba Roll.
- Edamame Gnocchi - seared snap peas & spring onions, red shiso aioli, Sencha tea & sesame salt. BOMB DIGGITY GOOD. It was my favorite dish of the night. Tasted super fresh and the sauces blended perfectly together.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc, Domaine Sylvain Bailly 07 - the wine was ok,wasn't as good as Navarro amazingly. And this is from Loire France. Whoa.
- Tofu Noodle Pho - star anise pho broth, kimpira & seared king trumpet mushrooms, kochu chang dressing, aromatic sprout salad, pickled onion, sliced serrano chile. I should have went with the Indian Rice and Lentil Crepe instead (which looked and tasted better) since pho is not the same if there is no beef or chicken. Oh well. My LEAST favorite dish of the night.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir, Silver Mountain, 05 - Awesome red wine. Enjoyed it. More so than the pho itself.
- Chocolate Almond Midnight - mousse, parfait, layered in a crust with raspberry sauce - GOOD, but not as good as the chocolate bread pudding with pb ice cream (which was INCREDIBLE).
Wine Pairing: Muscat de Rivesaltes 05 - Loved it. Went well with the dessert. Not too sweet, but syrupy just right.
Overall, a better than average restaurant and I cannot get over the fact that it was vegan. Very filling, satisfactory for us carnivores, and impressive with the fresh ingredients and innovations.
Minus one star for being connected to a Best Western hotel. Ew.
I highly recommend.
- MilleniumJul 04, 2012
Incredibly uninteresting and seemingly one dimensional in nature. I respect this old looking institution in an even older building structure, but nothing really impressed me. Service was great, and I appreciated the house water (available as regular or carbonated), but general execution fell way short of Ravens in Mendocino. Unfortunately slim pickins in SF proper for this kind of fare which is a shame. If Millenium is supposed to be better than Greens, I hate to see what Greens is like.