Mixay Paradise Guest House

• Mixay Paradise Guest House

My husband and I have been traveling for three months and when looking for a place to stay, all we really care about is price, location, and wifi. Mixay is in great location in Vientiane and we got a good deal so we checked in only to find out they don't have wifi from 11:30pm until 9am (they didn't tell us this when checking in) and the wifi they had in the rooms didn't even work. We left immediately. The rooms were also very small and as we were leaving we saw about 50 ants crawling around right outside our room. Glad we got out of there.

• Mixay Paradise Guest House

I chose this hotel because it wasn't on any of the bedbug report sites as bedbugs are a real problem in the Under 20$ price ranges in Vientiane.

We noticed the couple next to us had plates of fruit with their breakfast so we asked why we didn't get any. The guy at the front desk said ''no no no no ''. I jokingly replied is it because my skin is too dark(I am half native). He says you don't like you get out. You check out. We replied that we were most certainly checking out as the thought of spending the next couple of days in a glorified closet didn't appeal to us.
    The smug french couple explained that they got fruit because they had been staying their a couple of days already. They had drunk the kool aid.
    The whole place makes you feel like you are in some sort of school for people without short term memory. With the signs everywhere!
    You don't feel like a customer, you feel more like some kind of inmate and you are paying 15 dollars a night for this treatment.
    When I asked what time was checkout, the person at the front desk laughed in my face and exclaimed you can't see its written all over the place. Well no I can't see when you have twenty signs plastered all over your front desk each one with a new rule more ridiculous than the last.
    Person at the front desk told my husband to shut-up. When he complained about the internet being shut off from 11pm to 9 in the morning we got a lecture about how this is the way it always is and this is the rule. When we tried to explain how inconvenient and inconsiderate this was for guests like us who needed to contact North America and how there was a time difference between there and here he got quite irrate. This was about the time I flipped on my camera as he started hurling insults at my husband he came right up to me and started menacing me physically. I don't think he liked that i started filming his rudeness.
    There are plenty of places around at 20-25 dollars a night that are just as clean and more spacious and come with a real big breakfast with real food and with staff that understand the concept that you are paying to sleep somewhere, that you are a customer.
    The place is full of mosquitoes.
    A room with window could mean a room with a window on to the hallway. Ie. The window isn't to the outside.

• Mixay Paradise Guest House

Very good value, nice place dowtown, room and bathroom clean, good services and friendly staff, good breakfast and free cake on the afternoon, free internet access.

• Mixay Paradise Guest House

cute,closed by ecrythings,resonable prices,clean, friendly owner and staffs,half block away from mekong River and international park. You won't disappoited. I have stayed there 3 years straight,internet Wi-fi Breakfast.

5 people visited Mixay Paradise Guest House