Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 90%History Buffs
- 68%Local Culture
- 67%Family Travelers
- 55%Business Travelers
- 51%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (40)
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 3Nov 16, 2013
My absolute Favorite Hotel in Honolulu. Set on the world renowned Waikiki Beach, it has the BEST Location in the city. I have stayed here several times... In basic rooms and the Penthouse. The Ocean Front rooms with the Diamond Head views are the way to go...IMHO. The reason for that is the balconies are large, have stunning views and the rooms are large and in the new section. The Historical Wing is nice but the rooms are tiny. They are the entry level rooms. If you dream of staying in the hotel and on a budget then that category is great. The hotel restaurant/bar is the Best In The City. Sipping a Mai Tai under the Banyan Tree is what I crave!!!
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaMember ofLuxury TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 3Dec 03, 2013
Beautiful Colonial styled architecture houses this historical hotel that in addition to the heavenly beds, a fantastic tea service, beach front convenience, and a serene spa
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaMember ofStudentsJan 19, 2014
It's a great hotel, right on the beach front! Which is good if you enjoy the surf too. There is not that much happening there though, it's nice and quiet and sometimes there are some musicians playing around the pool. The atmosphere is ok quite relaxed and good for couples more so than families with small children. The architecture is very old and there is a lot of history there.
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaDec 27, 2013
The oldest hotel still standing on Waikiki Beach, the Moana Surfrider is always busy. Though the rooms seem under-sized and over-priced, I like dropping by for drinks and live music in the banyan tree courtyard and also to visit the historical exhibits upstairs on the second floor (free!).
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 5Jul 03, 2012
The architecture makes you feel like you're somewhere in the south in a grand plantation mansion. This is the oldest hotel in Waikiki and has been immaculately restored. You can chill on the rocking chairs on the front porch or relax in the back at the beachside bar. In the evenings, you can sip on a Mai Tai and watch the live Hawaiian entertainment. The Beachside Cafe here has a great lunch and dinner buffet. The view and elegance of this beachfront resort make it an ideal place to stay.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaMember ofLuxury TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies+ 5Aug 21, 2013
I had a wonderful brunch here with an ocean view because the hotel is right on the beach. I recommend it for one of those lazy mornings!
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesBackpackers+ 4Aug 09, 2013
The Moana Surfrider was the first hotel on Waikiki, and today it's still one of the most beautiful. Centrally located by Kuhio Beach, it's easy to walk to any of Waikiki's major destinations. But its biggest selling point is the sheer beauty of the architecture. There are few buildings in Hawaii that exhibit Hawaiian casual class like this hotel does.
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaCommunity ManagerMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 8Nov 16, 2013
The oldest hotel located in the heart of Waikiki, the Moana Surfrider is still stunning and glamorous just like the first day it opened in 1901. From the grand driveway entrance, to the open lobby that leads you to their famous courtyard and steps to the beach, it captures your attention and love like no other hotel. It is also popular for many wedding couples wanting their reception at a hotel with high class and service. Book a stay at the Moana Surfrider and you'll fall in love with the hotel and Hawaii!
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & SpaMember ofLuxury TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Jul 04, 2012
This is a very picturesque and historical hotel that transports you to what it must have felt like years ago when everything else looked much like the decor here. When I had gone a while back I was greeted with fantastic service, refreshing ocean breezes and beautiful smiles.
The rooms are fantastic, nothing like waking up to the sun light coming in on a salty breeze. Rather nothing like waking up to the moon light coming in on the salty breeze in my case. I do suggest dining at the restaurant on the first floor and of course starting with a mai tai...
or if you're adventurous a "sex on the beach."
And I mean that both figuratively and pun intended. You might also want to try the latter when no one is looking.... during the warm nights.... maybe at the far end of the beach where it's less populated.
just a suggestionRecommended for:History Buffs
Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa features an oceanfront pool with poolside food and beverage service, as well as a private beach area. After spending the day at the beach, guests can relax with a massage or skin treatment in the spa. Guests can experience the best of Honolulu with help from the hotel's concierge desk or browse the international shops in the lobby. Onsite restaurants serve everything from traditional Hawaiian cuisine to classic American dishes. Guests can start with a breakfast buffet at The Veranda. For dinner, Beachhouse at the Moana serves fine steaks and local seafood made with fresh ingredients.
The comfortable guest rooms at the Moana Surfrider features amenities such as pillow-top mattresses with luxurious linens. Guests will also appreciate in-room mini-refrigerators as well as complimentary coffee and tea. At the end of the day, guests can relax with delicious meal from the hotel's 24-hour room service.
Notifications and Fees:
Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Waikiki now charges a daily Resort Charge posted to each guestroom to offer our guests an array of generous amenities and services for a nominal all-inclusive fee of US$ 31.41 per room, per day. Resort charge rate and inclusions are subject to change. Below please find information on the benefits and amenities guests receive for this charge:
- Wireless internet access in guestroom and lobby areas
- Self parking for one vehicle (valet parking available for a fee)
- Unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
- Up to 60 minutes of long distance and international telephone calls per day
- Collections of Waikiki savings booklet
- Welcome beverage: Two (2) glasses of wine per room, per stay (sommelier’s selection)
- Moana Historical Tour (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Free 4x6 color portrait by professional photographer
- Ki Kilo Yoga Class (daily)
- $5.00 discount on admission to Iolani Palace
- Children 5 & under eat for free from Children’s Menu in designated dining outlets for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner with paying adult
- Aqua Aerobics Class (daily)
- Daily cultural activities to include: lei making, storytelling, hula lessons, ukulele lessons, etc.
Very Good!3060 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good beach hotel.
- Location99% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 89%.
- Ambiance84% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- HotelHotel is great. 82% satisfied guests.
- Bar and BeveragesDelicious alcoholic drinks, according to 79%.
- Hotel Building71% enjoyed the lobby entrance.