Modern Music School

Laura S

Vocal lessons: Inga

Bought a Daily Deal for 4 lessons

POLICY:
    I do like the policy here where you need to cancel 24 hrs before - got that. I also like that they call you if you can do earlier. I had an issue that when I first started classes, I wasn't given a confirmation. I had to call and email several times to get a confirmation. They were good after the initial tho.

ROOM:
    They say the room is soundproof, but it really wasn't. I heard the girl in the room singing and it made me SO uncomfortable because that means THEY CAN HEAR ME. And being kinda shy about myself, I did not like that. I knew people could hear me too. Yes... they can hear you.

VOCAL COACH:
    Inga was great. VERY professional. She's also very talented. I like to research my teachers beforehand and she was on Idol for her country (Latvia) and has an amazing voice and she's gorgeous. So I knew she could help me.

I gave her my song choices (which you need to email them to her a week before cuz she wants to review it) and pulls up the karaoke version. She's good at it.

We did vocal warm ups and she helped me with that a lot. She showed me techniques. She's really great at getting the lesson out there in terms of technique.

CRITIQUES:
    Everything was great... UNTIL you had to sing at the end... with a microphone and a speaker... I'm sorry... but if you were shy about your voice... giving a person a microphone to sing in in the beginning stages is SCARY as heck. Esp if they have stage fright. I think they should had started out slowly without the microphone and speakers because you don't want it to go through the wall. The reason people take lessons is to get better and for some to get over their fear and practice better... but to initially give them a mic to sing with speakers... nerve wrecking.

PARKING:
    Many spaces available - private lot

OVERALL:
    It's a nice studio. think if you have experience singing and want better technique and not a problem with stage presence... this won't be a problem for you.

1 member's review