Moevenpick Resort Aswan
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Moevenpick Resort AswanMember ofVegetarianLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
The property is in a fantastic location on Elephantine Island. The building looks a bit like a 1970s bunker but has been refurbished and is very attractive on the inside. Public spaces are also modern and attractive. Room rates very reasonable given the quality of the internal spaces and the food and beverages offered at the property.
Service at the hotel was mixed. Restaurant staff were exceptional; however, we found the Front Desk and Guest Relations staff to be virtually useless. During our stay the Guest Relations staff / Concierge was impossible to reach (we were perpetually told that he "would be back in 10 min") and Front Desk staff had not been cross trained and were unable to offer any assistance other than check-in / check-out (i.e., even the basics like a restaurant recommendation or airport transfers).
If you stay here, do your research in advance and don't plan to rely on the staff to support you with arrangements. Otherwise, it is a great option and offers good value.
Excellent!131 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Room97% thought the view was good.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location95% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- Hotel87% thought it was clean.
- PriceGreat price. 87% satisfied guests.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 85%.