Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea

Sweimeh Dead Sea Road | PO Box 815538, Amman 11180, Jordan

• Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead SeaPro 2014
    Joseph Coureur
    5 Sep 15, 2013

I went to the Moevenpick Resort just to swim in the Dead Sea rather than stay there. I got a day pass, relaxed in the Dead Sea and by the resort pool.

It gets incredibly hot here. Amman was perhaps 28 C when I left, and as I descended to the Dead Sea it got hotter and hotter. It was about 37 C at the Dead Sea.

Getting into the Dead Sea is like wading into warm massage oil. The high salinity makes the water feel much more sticky. Be careful of any cuts or abrasions on your skin because the saltwater will make them sting badly. Everyone told me not to taste the water, but like anything where you're warned not to do something, I did. It was awful and it took a long time for the metalic salt taste to disappear.

Floating in the Dead Sea is no problem. I could orient myself vertically, like a cork, and bob with my shoulders completely above the surface with no effort.

There's a special mud to spread over your body. I don't know if this has actual therapeutic powers, but it's a poor man's sunscreen.

• Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
    Diman Karagyozov
    5 Sep 15, 2013

Zara SPA facility was an excellent final for our vacation in Jordan. Dead sea beach at the hotel is also very nice. The room was spacious, clean, not luxurious but with a touch. Breakfast choices are great, very tasty :)

Showing Lowest Prices