Momed

• Momed
    Betty N.
    4 Apr 01, 2013

**FAVORITE LUNCH SPOT IN S. BEVERLY HILLS**

Momed (short for Modern Mediterranean) was perfect for Sunday lunching in Beverly Hills.

PARKING
    ========
    Metered street and there is a public garage across the street.
    Don't be busting illegal u-turns; there are bored cops everywhere.

AMBIANCE
    =========
    Casual, clean, and modern.
    There was indoor and patio seating and we chose patio because of the nice weather. Nice full-blast heaters, too.

FOOD
    =====
    AVOCADO HUMMUS - $6.50
    Super creamy avocado hummus with tahini, garlic, and cumin. Beautifully done. Tasted great with the warm pita breads.
    Rating: 5/5

DUCK "SHAWARMA" - $14
    Duck meat with oven-dried tomatoes, figs, garlic spread inside wrap and served with cole slaw. I didn't care for the cole slaw and I thought the duck meat was a bit on the dry side. It needed more dressing.
    RATING: 3.5/5

My friend's CHICKEN SKEWER SKEWER looked more appealing and had more food variaties with choices of the mezzes (cold), so next time, I will order that.

Also, the MOMO chips are AMAZING! Best "potato chips" I've had!
    RATING: 5/5

DESSERT
    CARDAMON CARROT CAKE - $6.50
    It was a mini two-tiered cake with cream cheese frosting. Not that flavorful. I've had better. In fact, save the dessert cravings for Urth Caffe down the street.
    RATING: 3/5

BEVERAGES
    ===========
    TURKISH LATTE - $4.50
    A bit too milky and chalky for me.
    Rating: 3/5

SERVICE
    ========
    Nice and friendly waiter. He explained the menu in detail which we liked.

Different twist on Mediterranean food. Our group enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.

RECOMMEND. Will return.

• Momed
    Jen H
    5 Feb 12, 2013

Breakfast/Brunch Review

Momed is a wonderful place to catch up with your friends over breakfast with their clean decor and full sunlight bursting into the restaurant. When you first walk in during the day, the place feels modern and clean. Momed is not your typical breakfast diner restaurant with eggs and bacon, it's breakfast with a Mediterranean twist!

Below is what I tasted and some of it was completely new to me, which was a pleasant welcome.

-Mediterranean Breakfast Plate -
    The marinated olives on here were amazing. I've never been an olive type of girl, but I'm enjoying it more and more with each olive experience. I didn't try the cheese since it was Feta (goat milk base), but the brown cubes stuff on it was refreshingly different than anything I've had. I don't know what it's called, but it was sweet and tasted like soft sesame that crumbles inside your mouth. Give it a shot! The Cucumbers and Tomatoes was just a good pairing to clear out your pallet to begin with!

-Khachapouri - Kaseri Cheese-
    I can't even pronounce this plate, but it reminded me of a pizza with pita dough instead. It was flavorful and a good choice for vegetarian with cheese and red onions for topping.

-Shakshuka-
    This dish came in a skillet and had wonderful over easy eggs on top! It was packed with veggies and you got to watch out for the little chili surprise. My poor friend, Val, accidentally ate one and was breathing out fire for the next 5 minutes!

-Skillet Omelette-
    This was the more standard dish that I'm use to, but it still stuck with the restaurant's theme. Inside scrambled eggs omelet, it was filled with mushroom, spinach, and red onions...hmm, I think red onions is a popular ingredient here!

-Challah French Toast-
    This was really the STAR of the meal! The slices of toast with thick and literally melted in my mouth as I ate towards the center with the dates syrup drooling all over!

-Baklava-
    One of the best baklava I had, but it's sweet so make sure to have something to back it up! They have a variety, but I tend to stick with the original.

Overall, I would come back here and dine in with my friends and hopefully soon!

PS. there is free 2-hour parking down their street and they also cater from big to small events.

Hours: LUNCH/DINNER - SUN-THURS 11:30AM-9PM FRI + SAT 'TIL 10PM