Mon Ami Gabi - Las Vegas

Christine Jolley Hill
    5 Aug 25, 2013
    Jen Knoedl @GogobotChicago
    4 Jan 09, 2013

On my "must do Vegas" list. Although there are a TON of places to eat in Vegas- there are few this memorable. Though the inside of the restaurant is lovely, the real magic happens on the patio. If you can time your meal to the Bellagio Fountains, you've got one of the best seats on The Strip. Try the goat cheese appetizer, sip on wine and relax like the French.

Twila Grissom
    4 Nov 20, 2012

Beautiful French spot on the strip in Paris. I throughout enjoyed a ricotta tapenade, soup a gratin, endive feta salad and sangria with a view of the Bellagio water show.

Dennis Rose
    5 Jun 08, 2014

Excellent food and service. Try for a table outside for a great view of the Bellagio Fountains. The bar is ok for drinks, but service can be slow.

Jennifer H
    5 Mar 23, 2014

I've walk pass this place so many time, and there is always so many people outside. I had always thought this place was $$$ until my boyfriend decided to take me here for brunch. At first, I thought we weren't going to get seats because the majority of the people here are waiting for the patio seats. (advice: come early to sit at the patio, worth the wait to enjoy yourself) Their brunch ranges from $5-$13. You must try their quiche (oh Frenchy words), they are so fluffy and so darm goood!! The spinach/asparagus quiche I got was good. It woulf have been great if they had taken a bit off salt.

Serivce: great! They refill your cup when they see you are out. They come around and asks 'if there's anything else I can get you?' Loved it.

Oh!!! so they have a full bar, Mimosas, and a bloody Mary bar for customers to customize their OWN Mary's! I thought that was awesome. They start you off with a tall glass, with a shot of vodka, and you go make your own bloody Marys. Made my trip even better.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
    Verlisia
    3 Nov 06, 2013

Food at Mon Ami Gabi is decent and the view to the Bellagio fountain is excellent if you can score a good outdoor table. Couldn't help but felt the ambiance and service were a bit too pretentious and touristy.

Seafood Crepe was good but not great. Mussels Marinière and the Chicken Liver Mousse was just standard fare. I think the food is over-priced for the quality. I won't complain because you are paying for the lovely location after all.

Would I dine here again? Probably. It is convenient and the wait is usually not long.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Susan Lee
    4 Mar 27, 2014

The Croque Madame was good. The pomme frites were seasoned well and very tasty. If you have a sweet tooth, try the french toast. The blueberry syrup isn't overly sweet, but really adds to the flavor. Try to grab a seat outside and you might be able to catch the Bellagio water show while you eat.

Amey Desai
    4 May 13, 2013

I ordered the steak, don't remember the name, but it was so awesome. I go for well-done and this was the best steak that I have ever eaten. One of my friends ordered and salad and that was also pretty good. The only thing I did not like about the place was they look at your dressing and decide about your seating or at least I got that feeling. I was in a batman tshirt and that apparently was not good enough to warrant a good table.

Traci
    4 Mar 25, 2013

Mon Ami Gabi is really like 2 restaurants with very different ambiances serving the same food, especially during the day. If you sit in the main interior dining room, which is dark and cool with its high ceilings and tiled floors, it is your typical french bistro. If you sit on the patio, you face the Bellagio water fountains and can enjoy the sun and some people watching since you're right next to the strip and tons of pedestrian foot traffic passes by constantly. Note that you can make a reservation for the main dining room, but if you wan to sit on the patio, you have to request that when you get to the restaurant. We had a reservation for the inside, but requested a table outside, and they were able to accommodate us with a short wait. For people arriving just after us with no reservation, they had to wait around an hour for a table to open up (at least that's what I overheard).

I had the blueberry french toast, which was delicious, highly recommended! Others really enjoyed the corned beef hash and one member of our party said the lobster roll was the best she had ever had. You can also get "latte in a bowl" which is exactly what it sounds like, a gargantuan portion of latte served in a cereal-sized bowl. I don't think anyone at our table finished theirs...

Ada Li
    3 Jan 30, 2013

I expected to be wowed by the food here, but when I went here on my last Vegas trip I thought the food was just okay.

We went for brunch and I ordered the Quiche Lorraine. The quiche tasted good and had a nice flaky crust, but it was too much of one thing and I couldn't finish it. I was expecting several small pieces of crispy bacon, but ended up with some big chunks of fat. My boyfriend ordered the Corned Beef Hash and didn't really care for it.

Our waiter didn't check on us quite enough, but did his job. I expected a nicer atmosphere, but for some reason it didn't seem that nice. The place seemed too cramped and busy. Maybe it would've been different if we sat outside with a view of the Bellagio fountain.

Overall, I wasn't that impressed by this place, but I'm willing to go back again to try out other dishes. It's possible we just didn't order the right dishes.

Sarah Kelley
    4 Jan 09, 2013

Delicious little cafe in front of the Paris. Enjoy a wide variety of wines, appetizers, entrees, and desserts--each with a French flair. The baked goat cheese appetizer is a must-do, but ask for extra bread. Try a table outside to people-watch directly on the Strip. The area also provides a perfect view of the Fountains at Bellagio.

Eric Brink
    4 Dec 07, 2012

When I'm on a business trip, it's easier to eat well. And so it was in Las Vegas. Lunch was provided as part of meeting, but during the evening I was out and about looking for something comfortable, interesting, moderately priced, and providing a temporary respite from action on the Strip.

Both my dinners happened to be a French Bistro establishments. I'll agree that the food at Bouchon was a bit better, but in terms of service Mon Ami Gabi won hands down. I showed up relatively early (5 PM), hung out on the patio, enjoyed multiple performances of the Bellagio Fountains across the street, watched interesting people, dined on hanger steak, and sipped wine as Martin (complete with a French accent) took really good care of me. Prices were reasonable and in terms of charming they had me at the first warm baguette. And as my Son would say: "This is the Life!"

Ericayvette
    5 Nov 30, 2012

One word to describe on experience here is YUM! I came here once before with a group of friends and thought that the food was just okay here but since then I been here for Breakfast and Dinner and the food was so GOOD! Be sure to make reservation because it does get busy! BUT if you want to sit on the Patio that area is first come, first serve.

Now for the food… for Brunch we ordered the Smoked Salmon Benedict and Braised Beef Benedict. I preferred the Braised Beef Benedict because the beef was so tender and flavorful. The salmon Benedict was delicious as well but a tad bit on the salty side. For Dinner I ordered the Filet Mignon and the BF had the Rib Eye—both medium rare— OMG they were YUMMY! I think it’s probably because of the TONS of butter they used on the steaks. The BF and I both had stomach aches after our meal but we thought it was well worth it. I can’t wait go back!

Jay Amernick
    5 Nov 28, 2012

This is a Great French steak-house chain located in the Paris Hotel Casino. I have had everything from a steak to the duck (it was a special one night) and it was fantastic. Ask to be seated on the patio and have a great view of the Las Vegas Strip (as I have said in other reviews Las Vegas has the best people watching on the planet). Live It Up You Are In Las Vegas For Cryin' Out Loud!

Dick Jordan
    4 Nov 28, 2012

You've seen "Midnight in Paris" and are dying to dine in a Parisian Bistro. But you don't have enough time or money to get to the capital of France.

Not a problem. Just travel to Las Vegas and have a meal at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris Las Vegas hotel on "The Strip."

I had lunch there in February, 2012 and thought the food and service were quite good. As for the ambiance, well for a short while for me it was "Mid-day in Paris," rather than "Mid-day Madness in Vegas."

Corey Hart
    4 Nov 27, 2012

My girl and I love patio seating. With no patio, we become very skeptical.

Mon Ami Gabi is the best patio going on the strip. Right off the causeway, it's great for people watching, easy to access, and has good food and drink to boot.

It's fairly priced, too. And a decent value considering its location. A spot like this could easily just be mediocre, but the operators are doing a solid job here.

Now, it's no Smith & Wolenski, but it's tops in our book. Skirt Steak with the peppercorn sauce. Frites, and a side salad. Every time.

Mmarthie
    4 Nov 19, 2012

My friend Gabi!

I don't have a friend named Gabi, but My Friend Gabi (Mon Ami Gabi) was so yummy!

It's located in the Paris Hotel near the front. For dinner, the ambiance is very French and romantic: dim room with candles at all tables. It's not quiet, but the place looks so romantic. For food:

They provide complimentary RADISH SALAD and BAGUETTES with butter. I loved the radish salad. It was refreshing and a bit sweet. The baguette was yummy too. They serve it warm and comes in a paper bag. Every time I think of baguettes, I just wanna get into a sword fight with it. I didn't do that of course, gotta be a lady.

For my main course I had the SALMON and LEEK QUINOA. So yummy! The salmon was cooked just right: a bit crispy but tender. My mouth is kinda mouthwatering because of it. The quinoa had a little too much sauce in it but I still liked. For a side dish, I had the RATATOUILLE. Not bad, I just wish it was a bit more creamy.

Beth, our server, even hooked it up with a complimentary dessert: vanilla ice cream in a profiterole? Not sure but it was yummy!

Merci beau coup Mon Ami Gabi :)

Sam Angeli
    5 Oct 26, 2012

Very nice food and a great atmosphere. Selection of food and service is great. You don't feel rushed and feel very relaxed in the Parisian environment the restaurant offers. Definitely going again!

Yvette T.
    5 Sep 08, 2012

One of my favorite places to brunch on the strip.

MUST TRY:
    - escargots roasted in garlic-herb butter. I'm drooling just typing that.
    - frangria by carafe. Best drink on the strip.

Reservations allow you to reserve for the pavilion, but not the patio, which may get sunny as breakfast becomes lunch.

Joanna Sun
    1 Sep 04, 2012

Ive tried brunch, lunch and dinner here. Super unimpressive and overpriced. Just because it's noticeable on the strip, people go here but there are way better places elsewhere.

3,727 people visited Mon Ami Gabi - Las Vegas

Moderate$$

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner daily, Brunch Sat.-Sun.

A traditional French bistro serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch.