I am going on a cruise down the Adriatic Coast this October, passing through Dubrovnik in Croatia, Kotor in Montenegro, Venice and Ancona in Italy, Corfu, Cefalonia and Gythion in Greece. What are some of the must-see spots in these places? I've never been to Croatia and Montenegro, so I'm particularly excited to explore this area. Have been to Greece and Italy, but apart from Venice, none of the other islands.
Trip Plan Details
recommended City WallsI wouldn't say I highly recommend as much as I would say I insist that when you come to Dubrovnik you do this. The views of the city and the sea are awesome. It's a great walk and it does take one ... read moretime.
- Banje BeachWest entrance to the Old City, Dubrovnik, Croatiarecommended Banje BeachIf only all cities had a beach like this. Yes, it's not the beaches of Rio or Barcelona...but right outside this Medeval city is a shingle beach with gorgeous blue green clear clean water with amazing ... read moreviews of the city walls.
recommended Cafe BuzaCafe Buza is built into the side of the cliff at the city wall on the sea, it is such a spectacular, refreshing and unique place to chill, take a drink and appreciate your surroundings. From the top ... read moreof the stairs to the Jesuit church, follow the signs that say "Cold Drinks" and you'll need to notice a random opening in the wall to stumble upon the cafe. Sit back, relax and watch the sea swirl! There is limited seating so it's best to not go at peak times.
recommended Shkoderif you are at the south of montenegro you can go for a short trip to albania. nice town with friendly people, mountain trips nearby are possibleMatthias Hagemann
If you are in Montenegro it ist not far, beautiful town nice mountains, good for a sidetrip
- Peggy Guggenheim CollectionSestiere Dorsoduro 701, Venice 30123 Italyrecommended Peggy Guggenheim CollectionRecommended for:
- Piazza del PlebiscitoPiazza del Plebiscito, Ancona, Italyrecommended Piazza del PlebiscitoRecommended for:
recommended Church Island, Bay of KotorRecommended for:
- Bay of KotorKotor, Montenegrorecommended Bay of KotorVisit the Old City and climb above to St.Ivan Fortress for an amazing view of the Bay of KotorRecommended for:
recommended Old Town of CorfuRecommended for:
- Kotor FortressKotor, Montenegrorecommended Kotor FortressFortress of St.Ivan - above the Old city, amazing view over the Bay of KotorRecommended for:
- Walls of DubrovnikDubrovnik, Croatia
- Old City of DubrovnikDubrovnik Croatiarecommended Old City of DubrovnikFeel old time inside walls. Take a walk on the wall too.Recommended for:
- Al CampanileCalle de le Ballotte, 4914, 30124 Venice, Italy
- Golden Altar Piece at San Marco BasilicaPiazza San Marco, Venice 30124 Italyrecommended Golden Altar Piece at San Marco BasilicaAmaizing, Just for 2 euro per personRecommended for:
recommended MuranoMany factories showing how to blow famous and beautiful glassRecommended for: