Moraine Lake Lodge
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (5)
- Moraine Lake LodgeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Moraine Lake is a glacially-fed lake 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) outside the Village of Lake Louise. It is situated in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, at an elevation of approximately 6,183 feet. The lake (when full) reflects a distinct shade of blue. The colour is due to the refraction of light off the rock flour deposited in the lake on a continual basis.
I've only been here in the fall and didn't find it too crowded and otherwise over loved. The Lodge itself was also more peaceful (and just before its early October seasonal closing) and is a nice place to stay, have a meal, or just relax a bit.
The area around the lake has several walking/hiking trails which are, from time to time, restricted because of grizzly bear activity. Parks Canada provides the updated trail conditions and/or restrictions. The easiest (and most common) tourist route is the Rockpile Trail along the actual moraine. It's short and easy and arguably provides the most photographed scene in Canada. That view of the mountains behind the lake in Valley of the Ten Peaks is known as the Twenty Dollar View, as Moraine Lake was featured on the reverse side of the 1969 and 1979 issues of the Canadian twenty dollar bill.
Dining options at Moraine Lake Lodge include a restaurant. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a library and self parking.
Bathrooms feature hair dryers.
- Children 8 years old and younger are not permitted at this property.
Excellent!158 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for sports.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 94%.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. 91% of guests enjoyed it.
- Location89% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- HotelHotel is great. 86% satisfied guests.