Morocco Travel Guide

content-slideshow-morocco-080608-13

• Morocco

Traveling in Morocco : Moroccan ancient history and culture what do we offer A picture can tell thousand words! All excursion 4x4 drive we do pickups drop-offs air port... That tailors to your needs. Our aim is for you to experience and knowledge of our beloved country. To visit the local Medina and embrace the smells and spices Rona's that lingers in the heat of the sun and the souks. With traditional chanting and a abundance of colors. Or to visit the imperial cities. Or visit the Berbers in the hidden valleys, the Sahara Desert experiencing traditional music and foods, sleeping under the stare's camel Riding, Beach excursion, visiting Essaouirra sea breeze, Oualidia... These are completely flexible, and we can help you build your Moroccan trip. So why not speak to our travel specialist they will help you arrange an itinerary to reflect your needs and wishes. Our aim is for you to have a memorable trip and to take a little bit of Morocco with you.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers
  • Morocco

I travelled with a girlfriend of mine for 9 days in Morocco, starting in Essaouira and ending in Tangier. While we wanted to mainly backpack on our own through the Country, we were very happy to have made the decision book a 3-day tour with Morocco Excursions Company (www.Morocco-Excursion.com)
    Having made a lot of research, I found that Morocco-Excursions were the most receptive to my emails. They required a 100Euro deposit through Western Union (Most companies in Morocco don't accept credit cards) and the transfer went without problem.

Rashid (our driver) picked us up promptly at 8am in Marrakesh and made all the stops promised (and more) along the way. Because he is at our full disposition, we were able to ask him to make specific stops (such as stopping in non-touristy super market to stock up on drinks, or stopping for a special picture, etc). Rashid was very friendly, kind and knowledgeable. He answered all our questions and talked about his life, his childhood as well as Moroccan culture and history in general.

Hassan met us in the desert and took us in the desert. The camels were wonderful and the desert guides were very nice. We sand-surfed, had tea, dinner and they even played music for us. We proceeded to sleep under the stars in the middle of the desert (the tents were there, but the weather was nice and fresh, so we slept outside). We woke up before the sunrise and walked up the biggest dune to see the sunrise before returning to our hotel to get our bags and take a shower.

All the meals included were great; and the ones that weren't included (lunches), we could ask our driver to stop somewhere else, if we didn't like what they had.

Rachid is an excellent, careful, good driver with lots of charisma. We did Essaouira, Marrkesh, Fes and Tagier on our own but saw so much more and learnt so much more than we could have seen those 3 days in the desert.

It includes A LOT of driving but it is absolutely worth every penny and the car is new and comfortable. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Feel free to ask me questions, or contact Hassan (the owner of Morocco Excursions) via MoroccoExcursions@Gmail.com

• Morocco

My girlfriend and I after a lot of research and debating which tour company to book with, I decided on Marvelous Morocco Tours and I’m very glad that I did. The price couldn’t be beat and it was almost too good to be true on how responsive and accommodating Iddir (Owner) was, when making all the arrangements, Iddir met us at the airport with a huge and warm smile. So I was so happy Iddir was fun, very accommodating in stopping whenever we wanted to take a pictures and visits …, All the riads were unique and diverse…some quirky, some stunningly beautiful. Every worker at each riad/hotel were equally awesome as well. Always very helpful and kind. And willing to answer whatever random questions we came up with about their culture.

It really was a life altering trip for me and I know it was largely because of how easy and Marvelous Morocco Tours was to deal with. I really think seeing Morocco in a land cruiser, rather than a huge tour bus, is the way to go. You have the structure and itinerary that you need in seeing a foreign country (however aggressive you choose it to be) and yet a ton of freedom to stop wherever,whenever and for however long/short you want. It’s the best of both worlds!

If I could have it my way, I would fly right back to Morocco and do it all over again with www.marvelous-moroccotours.com

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersFamily TravelersLocal Culture
  • Morocco

The more I think about Morocco, the more amazing it gets. Stunning mountains, incredibly rich craft culture, complex food. And you get this mix of pretty modern, slick infrastructure with waaaay-back old-school traditions. You can get lost in Fez or stroll broad avenues in Casablanca and Rabat--go either cosmopolitan or traditional. (Or in Marrakech, both at once.) And it doesn't hurt that the French instilled hip cafe culture and good bread. Oh, and the trains are wonderful.

• Morocco

Best Of Morocco Experience is a Moroccan tour company based in Marrakech; specialist in Customized Guided Tours and Holidays for individual travelers, couples, families and small groups. With many years of extensive experience in the tourism field we will take you to the BEST of Morocco. We always provide all Morocco travel services: Morocco Tours and Desert Trips, Day Trips, Accommodation booking, Camel Trekking and Desert camps. Our team is composed of professional, knowledgeable and experienced drivers/guides who are very proud of their culture and history and are ready to take you on a lifetime vacation.
    Our mission is to help you discover and experience the fascinating Morocco; to learn about our history, our culture, meet the friendly people and enjoy the tasty Moroccan food. We treat our customers as if they were a part of our family and love to share the warmth of Moroccan hospitality with them.
    please note that all our tours can be customized based on your Budget and specific needs, so please don't hesitate to contact us with any request you may have for your dream vacation ... Let us help you experience the best of Morocco ...
    We strongly believe in Responsible, Equitable and Eco friendly travel principles. That?s why we encourage sustainable tourism that respect environment and appreciates the values and needs of the cultures as well as traditions.
    E-mail us for more info:.info@bestofmoroccoexperience.com
    website: http://www.bestofmoroccoexperience.com/

• Morocco

There are so many things to discover about Morocco; new places to explore and exciting adventures to do. Holidays will never be the same again once you discovered Morocco with the tours offered at http://www.lignedaventure-maroc.com/ . Experience the 4-day Sahara Desert adventure and find out what makes it so special. Learn the Moroccan history by taking a tour around the Imperial Cities.
    The 5-day Adventure to Southern Wonders is something that should not be missed. Get to experience to stay for a night in nomad tents and get ready to be awed by the magnificent Dades Valley and the impressive canyons of Gorges du Todra. Discover why Ait ben Haddou was considered as one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites.
    Trip to Morocco will not be complete without experiencing the 1000 Stars Trail. There is an 8-day Tour to 1000 Stars Trail offered at LigneD’AventureMaroc.com, the tour will at Rose Valley and end on Chegaga Dunes for a distinctive nomad bivouac.
    Visit the new website www.lignedaventuremaroc.com and start choosing your adventure in Marrakech or Ouarzazate. Reservations can be done via email, do a live chat with travel agents for any questions and clarifications or call Yousef and Omar. Go to the About Us page for contact information details.

• Morocco

We had an amazing time in Morocco with Morocco Excursions! (www.Morocco-Excursion.com) An experience we will never forget. It started with Ali (our tour guide) collecting us from our Riad in Marrakech on a rainy Tuesday. After that the whole experience just got better and better. Ali drove us through snow (It was February) over the Atlas Mountains and then down in between the High Atlas and Anti-Atlas Mountains. We stopped off wherever required, so had plenty of breaks at some really interesting places (one of my favorites is Ouarzazate). He knew all the right places to stop off at so we didn’t waste time seeing the best sights. After that we stayed at Dades Gorge in an interesting hotel. It was a freezing night outside, so be prepared to take warm clothing if you go in Winter (and want to go outside), however the huge fire they had in the restaurant was lovely. The next morning Ali greeted us to take us out to the desert. We drove to the top of Dades Gorge and then went out to another Gorge, which was equally stunning. Take a big memory stick in your camera, because you will use it!
    I think the most amazing part was the actual time in the desert. Ali’s great fun, so with the 4x4 we took an offroad route to get to Merzouga quick. Great fun! After arriving at the hotel in Merzouga, which literally is on the edge of the desert, I met the famous Hassan. Hassan sat down and talked with us over a cup of tea. He made it quite clear that we don’t need to take the kitchen sink with us, since we were only going to spend the night in the desert (we were on the 3 day excursion), therefore we really just needed something warm to wear if we choose to venture outside, as well as something for bed. Even though you’re in the desert, the sand doesn’t stick to you, so it’s got little chance of making the tents dirty.
    The camels are great fun to ride, and the man who walked our camels the one hour to get to the tents was probably one of the fittest guys I know. He’s Aziz and wears flip-flops to walk up and down sand dunes. Doing that for 5 minutes for me is exhausting (and I run marathons), yet Aziz is able to do this for hours on end…. With flip flops.
    We arrived close to our tents in the desert and spent the sunset snowboarding down the dunes (absolutely terrific fun) as well as photographing the amazing sun set you see there. After sun set, Hassan lead us down the dune to our tents. The actual tent layout consists of about 7 tents, all big. One of the tents is for dinner and I think 4 are for the guys working there (5 star service!). I guess that leaves 3 for guests to sleep in.
    Dinner was freshly cooked and served by Hassan’s team. It’s unbelievable to have such nice food all that way out in the desert, followed by everyone, including some of the guys who prepared dinner joining us to sing some Berber songs for us. There’s an abundance of drums, which Hassan and his friends are very good at playing. We had great fun, and it was an honour to hear some genuine Berber music played live for us. A really special evening!
    The sleeping tent has candles and plenty of blankets. It was probably one of the deepest sleeps I’ve ever had. No problems with scorpions or any other creepy crawlies, since they don’t come out in winter. Also there’s a few cats around that deal with any nasties like that. It felt weird for me to go to sleep in bed without first having a shower (since we had just been snowboarding down sand dunes), but as I said, the sand doesn’t stick on anything, so you’re clean just by patting it off. It’s true what Hassan said, the sand’s clean.
    All in all, we had an incredible time. We enjoyed every single day, both the excursion and the warm company that joined us. We thoroughly recommend Morocco Excursions, and will happily join Hassan and his guys again. – Absolutely loved every minute of it.

Recommended for:BackpackersFamily Travelers
  • Morocco

Amazing country, filled with energy that you feel when you step out of the airport. Marrakech can be hectic, but ideally you can get out of the city and explore the country which is really diverse and beautiful

• Morocco

This gorgeous, fascinating country, in the north west of Africa, is a magical place to visit and explore. Plan ahead--this is not the best place to go if you're someone who likes to wing it and make plans as they come. If possible, you'll want to take a week or more to explore this fascinating country; this is not a place where you'll ever get bored and there is always more to see.

• Morocco

I decided to go to Morocco this summer vacation with my wife.
    It will takes more than 33 hours to Casablanca from Narita, Japan.
    I'm looking forward to go on a desert trip starts from Marrakech and ends in Fes.

• Morocco

Great travel experience, with really nice people. We traveled from north to south and to the coast via train and busses. I really loved the colorful impressions everywhere, the Medinas, the Hammam and the food :) Only in Marrakech you should probably take a guide to avoid being approached for stuff every 2 mins. ;)

DESERT TRIP WITH" www.Morocco-Excursion.com " The highlight of our Morocco Tour

The four of us (two boys aged 3 and six) and my husband and I landed in Fez, not knowing what to expect from our first trip to Morocco. We enjoyed staying in the Medina and taking in the sights and flavors and smells of the busy tourist area in the city, but the highlight was without a doubt Morocco Excursions.
    Our driver picked us up from our Riad in a large, clean, comfortable car and made sure to stop at all the highlights along the way, like a monkey forest, and the Switzerland of Moroco to make the time pass faster for us and the kids. He was very knowledgeable and kind.
    Once we arrived in Merzouga, the magic began. It was beautiful, peaceful, and everything that we ate the entire visit was absolutely delicious. For our son's birthday, Hassan Mouhou and his friends serenaded him with Berber music and a cake; he said it was his best birthday ever! We spent one night in tents in the Sahara. They drove us there (adreneline pumping ride!) off road through the desert - a beautiful experience for all of us. Again, the food and music and company were perfect.
    We couldn't have done it with out Hassan and his team. They really gave us a trip to remember forever. And the price was really fair and moderate. Not a single complaint.

• Morocco

We jsut arrived from an amazing Morocco desert trip start from Marrakech and ends in Fes ,(With : www.Morocco-Excursions.com) we start our desert trip from Marrakech ( Marrakech to Merzouga)crosing the high atlas mountains and the berber villages on the way visiting ait benhaddou kasbah..ouarzazate ..dades and todra gorges..then to the red/orange ERG CHEBBI SAND dunes, the camel ride was the highlight..riding the camels for 1/2H into the erg chebbi dunes ,It was a dream to sleep in a nomadic tent and see all the stars.
    After a delicious meals(Tajine..soup and drinking mint tea) our friendly and funny young guide HASSAN and his friends making a fire and playing "berber drums music" :)
    Hassan was happy and smiling ..honest..very open-hearted answered all our questions and helpful , i can't recommend them enoug.
    The last day morning , we leave the camp backing to Merzouga where we had breakfest and hot shower then we say good bye to the desert , wishing come back soon.

• Morocco

Wonderful Country. loved Marrakech in particular and the organized trip to the desert with camels

• Morocco

This was my first trip to Morocco and I arranged it through Liz Williams of Authentic Morocco (www.authentic-morocco.com). It was a wonderful experience with good attention to detail. Specifically:

1. Driver Ali: A thorough gentleman, Ali was always smiling, cooperative and on-time. Our son also grew fond of him. I am fully satisfied with him.
    2. Hotel Sheraton in Casablanca: Though it was my own choice, I was disappointed by it. Hotel is old and weary. The staff was courteous though.
    3. Guide Mr. Fazil in Rabat: He was a very dignified and proud Moroccan. He knew his city well and took pains to show us every important site. His appearance was also very clean and professional. Fully satisfied by his demeanor also.
    4. Guide Mr. Khaled in Fes: He was excellent. A very knowledgeable and patient person, Khaled never rushed us and gave us our space to explore the enchanting city at our own pace. I had asked him to arrange someone to push the child’s stroller and he said he would do it. It was heartening to see such positive attitude. He took us to all the relevant places and knew his way around the Medina. Really one of the highlights of this trip.
    5. Hotel in Fes: The Sofitel (Palais Jamal) was enchanting. From the moment we stepped in, to the elevators (which were a piece of art) to the sumptuous breakfast, I wouldn’t have it any other way. This hotel made all the difference I believe.
    6. Guide Mr. Omar in Meknes: He was late in meeting us, was rushing us thorough and didn’t let my wife even touch any gift articles on the street in the Medina. His appearance was very shoddy and he wanted to bring us to the shop of his choice. Definitely the low-point of the trip. The sales people a the shop he took us to were very pushy.

Overall, we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and hope to return back to Fes and also see Marrakesh one day.

• Morocco

In general, Moroccan culture can be an exiting and worldly experience. The people are friendly and the place is colorful. Hospitality is really a part of their culture so you can strike up friendships virtually anywhere if you have the right attitude.

best country ever

• Morocco

i have seening pictures of this place its bueatiful. someday i would love to go there

• Morocco

Welcoming country, with beautiful colors and contrasts

• Morocco

Morocco, like many African nations, has many identities. The harmonious melding of local Berber tribes with African, Portuguese, French and Spanish influences gives the North African country an accessibility and cultural medley that makes it increasingly attractive to visitors from around the world. Who hasn't dreamt of wandering the souks (markets) of the Marrakech Medina at night, after an evening of Berber storytellers and snake charmers in the exotic and smoky Djemaa al Fna square? The modern metropolis of Casablanca is filled with beachfront discotheques and businessmen as well as dazzling mosques and French colonial architecture. Smaller towns like the cultural center of Fès and imperial Meknès offer notable arts and shopping as well as stunning Islamic architecture. Then you get to the rural beauty: swathes of Saharan sand dunes, coastal gems like Essaouira and its labyrinthine streets and seafood restaurants, and the Atlas Mountains, where trekking amidst snow-capped peaks is a highlight. A Moroccan hotel option is the riad, a small courtyard-centered inn, often with exotic tiled rooms and a central pool. ... read more

69,104 people visited Morocco