Motel 8 Las Vegas
Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- Motel 8 Las VegasMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersFoodiesFirst to ReviewDec 05, 2012
Motel 8 is a one-star hotel south of the exciting parts of the Strip and across the street from Mandalay Bay. Don't confuse this with Super 8 or Motel 6, both of which my GPS tried to suggest to me. I had to use Mandalay Bay as the destination.
It's no frills with the price to match, and it's away from some of the craziness of the Strip.
I choose Motel 8 because it was close to the start and stop of the Rock 'n' Roll marathon. All I needed was a place to keep my stuff and sleep. Parking is free, and there's a picnic area. The pool was drained when I was there in December.
The check-in is also no frills. Go to the cashier of the attached 24-hour convenience store. There is free and fast WiFi. I'm guessing most guests aren't using it.
There's a mostly 24-hour strip mall next door with donut shop, Subway, and McDonald's. The Mandalay Bay convention center is quite nice and just across the street.
Mediocre314 reviews across the web.
- Location100% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Service73% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel65% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.
- InternetInternet is average.
- RestaurantRestaurant is awesome.