Mountain View

lived here for a couple years.. kind of boring but a nice place.. not many crazy people around and very clean. really there is only the castro street there with some happenings.

Popular withBusinessOutdoorBackpackers

Cities near Mountain View for Backpackers

filtered byBackpackersX

Los Altos

California, USA

Los Altos Art and Wine festival today (July 15th). Good times!

Sunnyvale

California, USA

I avoid Sunnyvale unless I have business there. It's close to the Silicon Valley stuff, but there are much better things to do in the area.

Half Moon Bay

California, USA

As a person from Hawaii, I'm pretty picky when it comes to beaches. My first visit to Half Moon Bay was a surprise. Not only was the beach clean, it was REALLY clean. The views are amazing and the town is tranquil. Half Moon Bay is always an ideal spot for Bay Area residents looking to get some beach time ...

San Jose

California, USA

Rating cities is all about personal experience. I'm not a native of California, but for me it's all about the feeling of family and home I get when here. I visit San Jose nearly every year and I enjoy it every time (but it's also mainly about enjoying it with the people you're with, and for me that means family). ...

Stanford

California, USA

The university campus offers a wonderful place to walk or bike. There are museums, galleries, architecture to enjoy.

Menlo Park

California, USA

Stole it! Great city, just a bit on the quiet edge ... if it was a bit more lively downtown I think everyone would enjoy it a bit more. Can be super quiet after 9:00 p.m. every day. Might be too quiet for some people.

Santa Clara

California, USA

One of the most historic cities in the South Bay. Home to Santa Clara University, the Mission and the future home of the San Francisco 49ers. They messed up on downtown here. Currently City Hall is located out of the way off Harrison St and the rest of the real downtown is over on Main Street and Homestead. You'd never ...

Cupertino

California, USA

This is suburbia! Limited late night hang outs. But its home :)

San Mateo

California, USA

Recently moved to San Mateo but closer to Foster City. So far I really like it, great restaurants, beautiful places for outdoor activities and overall a really nice and quiet town.

Milpitas

California, USA

Milpitas is an allright city. It's a pretty decent place to live, if they only improved the downtown a bit it'd be then a great place to be.

San Carlos

California, USA

San Carlos is the suburb just south of Belmont and the former home of the Circle Star Theater, a local favorite when I lived in these parts. San Carlos is relatively small and affluent, with one main draw being Laurel Street with all its cool little restaurants and shops.

Redwood City

California, USA

My first introduction to Redwood City was 30 years ago over a cold beer at Pete's Harbor.

Los Gatos

California, USA

They have a great Farmers market every Sunday!

Campbell

Fremont

California, USA

This city only gets two stars and that's for Mission Peak hiking trail. Otherwise even one star would be an overstatement. This city seriously smells, literally!

Portola Valley

Hayward

California, USA

There is Southland Mall in Hayward and a lot of restaurants to choose from. Even the nightlife is starting to pick up and there are a handful of cool clubs in the downtown area where you can party.

Foster City

California, USA

This is my home town since 1998. From 1988 to 1998, we lived in San Mateo but just across the Hwy 92 from Foster City. The waterways makes Foster City the Venice of the bay area!

Belmont

California, USA

When I first moved to the San Francisco Bay Area from Houston in 1984 (has it really been that long ago?), Compared to Texas, I thought $650/Month was an outrageous price to pay from rent, but I got used to that and the cool view from my hill side window. I'd walk down to the El Camino to shop and ...

Newark

2.5

pretty good place and a lot of people live here that you might know. Latin American food is good here same with afghan