Mumbai (Bombay) Travel Guide
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 72%Luxury Travelers
- 71%Business Travelers
- 67%Nightlife Lovers
- 67%Budget Travelers
- 63%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (185)Write a review
- Mumbai (Bombay)Jul 04, 2012
Mumbai city ,a land of Maximum,has a town which byitself has lot of glories attached to it from then and now.Malad,the northen suburban town in Mumbai,where you can get true essence of Mumbai...how...just rad below
1.Monday Bazar (SOMWARI BAZAAR)--- A century old bazaar system where goods of low valu to high value solf betn 8-3pm evey monday.the charm and wonder attached to this activity is worth it.
2. Bombay Talkies Studio : A dilapilated building with an arc of it now as a relic of that magnificient studio which was a cradle to churn out Bolly wood movies in 1940s and 1950s
3. BEACHES ( 6NOS), An Island with 3 more beaches, Vipassana Centre and Esselworld(aka DISNEYLAND)----All these places must not be missed if u r in Mumbai and MALAD. Easily accessible thru Publuic Transport ie B.E.S.T buses or Autos.Beaches like Marve,Aksa, Ernagal,Mud Island Beach,Gorai Beach. You can Rent shacks or stay in budget r plush hotels in nearby vicinity n enjoi sea-food delicacies
Temples, Churches abound this town.Commercially this town is a wholesale market for Apparels(Close to Malad Station),Immitation Jewellery(nr. SOMWARI BAZAAR AREA, -I.E BABULINE COMPLEX),MINDSPACE- A MILLENIUM ECONOMY BUSINESS CENTRE WITH ITS OWN WORLD-CLASS SHOPPIN MALL AND SUPER AMRKET ATTACHED TO IT - INORBIT N HYPERCITY.
JUST SPOIL URSELF IN THIS TOWN ADMIDST ITS CHAOS,CONFUSION,CONGESTION..TRULY an Indian place.....
- Mumbai (Bombay)Member ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 3Jul 04, 2012
I love this city. Very Vibrant. One place where street food simply rocks. Be it Vada Pav or Bhelpuri, Paanipuri.. slurrrp.... Its a Foodies paradise. There is plenty of stuff to do and see.
- Mumbai (Bombay)Jul 04, 2012
I lived in Mumbai for two years and traveled all over India throughout my time there. Most travelers stay up north (Rajasthan, Delhi, Varanasi, Agra (Taj Mahal), and only pop down to Goa or Kerala if they head a bit south. The conventional mindset and chatter was to avoid Mumbai. But I'd disagree. It's like avoiding New York b/c it's loud, crowded, and chaotic. It's an urban visit but Mumbai is the most fascinating city in India and gives you more than the touristy vibe of the standard traveler routes. It's gritty and awesome. After all, every traveler seems to read Shantaram and Mumbai is where it all went down, including the ever-popular and Leopolds. Take a few days and check it out. Being overwhelmed for a few days is a great experience when you reflect on your trip later.
Trips that include Mumbai (Bombay)
By Damodhar Meshram
By Vishal Suthar
Recently Reviewed Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
- 18 days ago
"The andaaz of hotel, restaurant and rooms are very surprising and so beautifully done..."
- about 1 month ago
"Decent stay and restaurant. If you have booked a train journey then it makes..."
- 2 months ago
"A fantastic value hotel in a fabulous part of Mumbai. Near the water, Church..."
- More Mumbai (Bombay) hotel reviews