My Brother's Place

237 2nd Street Northwest, Washington, DC, United States
Popular withAdventure

Things to do near My Brother's Place

Top Hotels in Washington, D.C.

Filter attractions by: Category

Capitol Reflecting Pool

0.24 mi from My Brother's Place

The reflecting pool sits behind the Capitol Building, separating it from the National Mall. It's a great spot to get photos of the Capitol Building at night. For those looking for long exposures, there are plenty of sturdy pedestals and such around on which to prop your camera.

Popular withLocal

Hamilton's Bar & Grill

0.01 mi from My Brother's Place
    Popular withAdventure

Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

0.91 mi from My Brother's Place

I don't think it is possible to complete this museum in one day. If you're like me and you like to read all the little fine print on every exhibit, you'll be here for days. The amount of knowledge stored in this place is immense!

Popular withHistoryFamiliesBudget

U.S. Capitol Building

0.34 mi from My Brother's Place

At the Visitors Center, catch a few short films about Congress, visit the Exhibition Hall with an audio tour on your cell phone, and sign up for a tour of the Capitol building. If you request visitors passes from the offices of a Representative or Senator, it's fascinating to watch debate in the House or Senate chambers.

Popular withHistoryFamiliesLocal

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

0.53 mi from My Brother's Place

This fascinating museum has an incredible collection, with enough here to keep you busy all day.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryStudents

National Air and Space Museum

0.53 mi from My Brother's Place

This is museum that talks about the history of both air and space with not much aircraft on display, but has reserved that for the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. There are some disability parking spaces available. Access to site is accessible.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryStudents

National Gallery of Art

0.38 mi from My Brother's Place

Always one of my favorite museums in D.C. It's a great collection to explore, whether by tour or just wandering around. Van Gogh is my favorite artist and his works are always being marveled by many people when I go. Monet, the only da Vinci in the Americas, Dali, Pollock, and Rothko are some of my other favorites here! Could ...

Popular withDesignHistoryFamilies

Library of Congress

0.6 mi from My Brother's Place

Beautiful architecture. The inside decoration of the Library of Congress is amazing. It is DC's oldest cultural institution and its collection spans 4 buildings. Just don't plan on visiting on Sunday because it is closed.

Popular withHistoryDesignStudents

National Museum of American History

0.9 mi from My Brother's Place

Take a look at the world of evolution throughout the history of all different centuries of Neanderthals and human beings that created our knowledge of the world.

Popular withHistoryFamiliesBudget

International Spy Museum

0.59 mi from My Brother's Place

This has got to be one of the most awesome museums I have ever been to. Full of spy gadgets and devices from all eras and organizations, it is absolutely fascinating. Their interactive displays are fun and the exhibits are very entertaining. Great for kids and adults alike. Note: there is no photography allowed and the entry fee is rather ...

Popular withHistoryFamiliesStudents

Newseum

0.31 mi from My Brother's Place

The Newseum has so much potential, but I didn't feel like it quite has figured out how to capture that potential. The building itself is beautiful and if you want the best view/photo of you with the US Capitol behind you - go up to the Newseum balcony and you'll get your DC glamor shot.

Popular withHistoryFamiliesStudents

Smithsonian Institution Building

0.74 mi from My Brother's Place

This is main building and Visitor Center for the Smithsonian. Their very little disability parking in this area of the building. You can also get information about what is happening and event that are occurring.

Popular withHistoryDesignFamilies

Capitol Hill

0.77 mi from My Brother's Place

Tours are available, but the building is grand even from a distance. Visiting such an important location is a great experience for all ages.

Popular withHistoryFamiliesLocal

Ford's Theatre

0.71 mi from My Brother's Place

This is one the National Park units. This where John Wilkes Booth shot President Lincoln and across the street is where he died. Both historical sites have an elevator now so it is now accessible. No disability parking in the area. You will need about 2 hours to view everything.

Popular withHistoryDesignStudents

The National Archives

0.51 mi from My Brother's Place

After you make the obligatory stop to see the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, head downstairs to the Public Vaults. Kids like the exhibition's interactive displays and audio and video recordings.

Popular withHistoryStudentsFamilies

National Museum of the American Indian

0.39 mi from My Brother's Place

OK, this is not my favorite museum. Best to go when they are having a special demonstration. But I do like the food! While they have your standard cafeteria fare, they also feature foods eaten by native peoples of this Hemisphere. Get your children to try the fry bread!

Popular withHistoryFamiliesDesign

U.S. Botanic Garden

0.36 mi from My Brother's Place

A great place for a little quiet time, the USBG has some 60,000 plants for exhibition, conservation and institutional exchange.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryOutdoor

National Portrait Gallery

0.59 mi from My Brother's Place

Very beautiful and free. This Smithsonian landmark is not in located near most of the other museums, but rather occupies a prominent street corner near DC's Chinatown, now one of the city's liveliest entertainment districts. If you're in the area and just looking for a place to decompress, read or get a little work done, I highly recommend the central ...

Popular withHistoryDesignFamilies

National Gallery Sculpture Garden and Ice Rink

0.54 mi from My Brother's Place

The Sculpture Garden is a fun and fast outdoor walk with some pretty cool and contemporary sculptures. There's a 2D house that, depending on your perspective, faces opposite directions, a giant spider like assemblage and an enormous eraser brush.

Popular withDesignBudgetBackpackers

Pavilion at the Old Post Office

0.77 mi from My Brother's Place

Great views n and great spot for pictures. However, I visited when I was young and thought that the stairs were the most memorable aspect!

Popular withHistoryBudgetLocal