Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 76%Nightlife Lovers
- 71%Adventure Travelers
- 61%Budget Travelers
- 60%Luxury Travelers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (90)
- Myeong-dong StreetMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Mar 03, 2014
Great Shopping. Don't forget to buy all the random socks that you can't find in the US, the makeup, and clothes. Haggle! oh, and street food: Tornado potato, egg bread (get 2!), pomegranate juice, french fried corn dogs, etc.
- Myeong-dong StreetMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 3Mar 03, 2014
My fav place for shopping in Seoul. All range (prices) of shops are available. You can buy some cute Korean things here. Strongly recommend this place to shop. You can buy some cute Korean souvenirs.
- Myeong-dong StreetMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Oct 27, 2013
This is the fancier, chain-store shopping and eating pedestrianized district in center Seoul. It's only worth visiting for the people watching, which is a lot of Chinese and Japanese tourists. But if you are in the area, have a walk through.
- Myeong-dong StreetMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Oct 17, 2013
Myeong-dong Street is filled with cool, little shops and restaurants. There are also street food stalls selling interesting items. I had an omelet sandwich with cinnamon and ketchup, and it oddly tasted good. It's also a neat place to take pictures, especially when the shops light up at night.
- Myeong-dong StreetMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Oct 16, 2013
One of the busiest, most hectic street in town. Good place for shopping, eating, people watching, if you are visiting Seoul. This area is popular for Asian tourists: Japanese, Chinese and Southeast Asians. Don't forget to explore the little streets. There are big and small restaurants in the area.
- Myeong-dong StreetJul 12, 2013
Myeongdong is one of the best shopping spot in Seoul. What I love the most about this place is you can find all kinds of things from street snack stalls to branded items at the same place. So you get branded shops on either side of the street, and you get cheap merchs right in the middle of the street where you can get yourself a good deal of cute Korean goods. There's even an underground market just right beneath your feet around Myeongdong Subway Station with numerous shops that sells apparels and shoes and KPOP stuffs which was simply heaven for me.
- Myeong-dong StreetNov 21, 2012
Myeong-dong is a psychedelic kaleidoscope of sights, sounds, scents, and shopping.
There are a few main thoroughfares but it's the side streets and little alleyways that seem to have the best to offer, with interesting boutiques and food stalls crammed together side-by-side.
Some of the places we saw during our meandering walk through Myeong-dong (and worth calling out):
- Lotte Young Plaza (large department store stocked with trendy brands)
- ALAND (fashion-forward boutique)
- Myeong-dong Kyoja (Korean dumpling restaurant)
- Din Tai Fun (Chinese xiao long bao restaurant)
- Longbread (sandwich cafe attached to Lotte Young Plaza)
- SPAO (Korean clothing brand)
Go for broke!Recommended for:Trendsters