- Kaama385 South Winchester Boulevard, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended KaamaKaama offers innovative Indian-Asian fusion dishes and creatively crafted cocktails. Love the cozy and loungey atmosphere, and the fact that it's located in its own space across from Santana Row makes ... read moreit much more private. Great happy hour specials, and the DJ in the evenings is off the hook. Have some delicious food and libations and then dance the night away with friends.
- Roux Louisiana Kitchen3055 Olin Avenue, San Jose, CArecommended Roux Louisiana KitchenI still think Roux is pretty overlooked when it comes to happy hour spots on Santana Row. Dubbed "Voodoo Hour," you can enjoy their specials from 3pm-6pm on weekdays and there's also a "Re-Voodoo ... read moreHour" from 9pm-midnight on Thursday and Saturday. There's a nice selection of Creole apps to choose from, and bar specials include $3 pints and $5 well drinks. But Voodoo Hour specials aside, you must get their specialty cocktail - the Hurricane. Get a $30 monster sized order, large enough for 4 people to share. Or have one all to yourself, and you'll be collecting beads in no time.
- Sabor Tapas Bar and Lounge72 North Almaden Avenue, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Sabor Tapas Bar and LoungeI'll still remember the golden age of this place... Sabor will always be cuccinis to me. Hell, is that how you spell cuccinis? I miss the fact that they used to offer hookah. Either which way I have ... read moreboth good and bad things about this place though when it first opened they had a couple of mishaps and unfortunately I have not been there since. But I have friends that patron the place a lot recently so it cant be all that bad? Actually I hear it's been great as of late. I'll have to get myself there sometime... -_-
- Freddie J's Bar & Lounge97 East Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Freddie J's Bar & LoungeAfter running around DTSJ, the ladies finally decided on going to Freddy's in hopes of finding the right music. I got there a tad early cuz I drove instead of walked over from Firehouse and sat ... read morethere... sat there and drank their house brown ale.... it's alright. The rest of the crew finally showed up and followed up with a golden lager... it's alright. And the music was a walk down through the 80's... it's alright. And much like the 80's our stay was short lived as well since the ladies didn't care for the musical selection but were amused at how much I did. What can I say? I'm a child of that era. I'm surprised they didn't play "Never going to give you up" by Rick Astley... *shudder
- Dive Bar78 East Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Dive BarThe ladies "decided" for me that it was time to leave the last spot in search of better aural grazing.... and across we came Dive Bar. Ironically I don't remember the music so much... I do remember ... read morethe slamming of drinks, the asking for more drinks... and the breaking of one shot glass in the pool area... on a Tuesday!?!?!?! *runs and hides Ok, so back to the drinks... I think red bull drinks are starting become more and more the "drink" as of late. I was in Santana Row not that long ago and all I remember was drinking these liquid skittles (dropping a shot of redbull? into a beer glass of black cherry vodka?).... and now tonight I drank a lot of obama bombs (dropping a shot of vodka? into a beer glass of redbull? - something like that) and my $5 amf.... the pounding in my head has subsided.... just by ever so slightly. XD
- Azúcar Latin Bistro Mojito Bar and Lounge71 East San Fernando Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Azúcar Latin Bistro Mojito Bar and Loungewhy is it that whenever I find myself in the rare condition of being unable to drive it is usually either when I show up or leave this place.... lol And no I generally don't start drinking here, but I ... read moremore often than not stop drinking here... I know, hard to believe right? As you can imagine this will take a bit of effort on my part to remember the happenings... *closing eyes All I see are people moving their bodies in a mass latin dance off in this colorful and cozy venue with the band by the bathrooms and the patron packed bar against the wall... All I smell is the barely masked sweat from the people and the more aromatic rum that is everywhere... All I hear are people demanding libations, the shuffling of feet against the wooden floor, the yelps of people moving back and forth, the beats, strings and bells of the band and through the aural orgy I could have sworn I heard a moan some where... All I taste are the endless mojitos that come in every color of the rainbow and every exotic flavor you could imagine... All I feel are bodies grazing mine.... the percussion moving my body... but the ever familiar fading sensation of my extremities is something that doesn't blow my mind anymore..... XD
- VIP Oriental2776 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CArecommended VIP OrientalAs for what I've heard.... Let's see... debauchery on epic proportions that would generally make a pervy SBCer blush. Apparently tea pots are only filled with soju. Blow pops are the best form to ... read moreexpress the sentiment 'sharing is caring.' (where did the blow pops come from anyhow?) The impromptu dance floor is back in effect, stronger than ever. If ever you are in the area and you see people throwing up.. it's not because they have a mental condition, it's just that they went to VIP with us. *phone call for directions How do I get there? A bar next to Office Max you say? Are you sure? You messing with me? It is one of those places that you wouldn't even know was there if you didn't know about it already. And it's one of those places where literally everyone can know your name! The man behind the bar and the woman slangin' food are great people. They even smile when I butcher their language. I try my best but then it all sounds the same when under the influence of the SOJU! It's a dimly lit, comfortable bordering on intimate space. The music is good, the soju is strong, and the other people there don't get fussy over my antics. And to boot, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food tastes. Ask for the army soup...I think that's what it was called. You gotta love a place that serves army soup. I'm pretty sure I went in semi-sober. I am pretty sure we didn't break anything this time except for our every dwindling supply of self respect. And I'm pretty sure, don't quote me on this since i'm not as sure as I would like to be, but I'm pretty sure that no one was left behind. I do know for a fact that I went to get ice cream... but don't ask me which ice cream I brought back! ;D
- Motif Restaurant and Club389 South 1st Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Motif Restaurant and ClubYou'd think that after my last visit that I wouldn't be that interested in going again.... Well....you're right but I was forced to go....after all she was a guest. and she wanted to see her cousins ... read morewho were going to Motif.... We get there.....and it's already packed but the line is a movin'. After 10 minutes pass and find out that she gets in for free, but it's not all that bad since she feels compelled to pay my cover. Hell, I won't ask, but I won't stop her either. We're at the bar drinkin' and run into everybody...and I mean everybody. Her crew is already there.....and more and more keep showin' up. I recognize half of them and realize a lot of them are...get ready for this....from that group Legaci....damn that's memories....what a small f'n world. They went to school with my boys, sung at my sister's cotillion, blah, blah blah......and now they are getting drunk with me. I start dancing with this woman and before I know it - everything slows down and I'm thinking this has just gotten worse. I watch wide eyed as her hand is all over the place and then suddenly in my drink.....and my drink is now suddenly down her back..... . . BUHAHAHAHAHA She grins and says "I'm so sorry....let me get you another drink...." . . The beats were good, the girls were great, and I was drunk. I swear to gawd every 5 minutes somebody be walkin' up to me yelling "KUYA KUYA!!!!" WTF, is everyone I know who just turned 21 up in this MOFO?? And of course, I had to get every single one of them shots... XD 15 shots later I need to go the restroom.......what's there to say about a restroom.....sorry 'Belle I got nothing to report. You seen one club bathroom, you seen'em all. As I walk out to clear my head....I run into one of the crew by himself drunkenly holding a napkin to his bleeding lip....... *instant sober I guide him to a corner...find his brother.....and post while I watch girls pick fights with bouncers. Gawd I love it when I'm not the only one drinkin. So considering that I had a reunion with everybody....and initially sober to appreciate it, I had a good time. I think apart of the good time was because I didn't bother waging war going up stairs. To say the least I was entertained.
- Hedley ClubHotel De Anza, 233 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Hedley ClubI really want to like this place.... I imagine the experience could have been better but I suppose we came at a really slow time at which the staff hadn't anticipated 30 odd yelpers mobbing an already ... read morefilled venue. unfortunately there was only one server and a whole bunch of annoyed patrons which we clearly didn't identify with. that aside the music was good, loud but good and the drinks weren't half bad. did I mention that they had a very nice fire.... which you can't add wood to but you can ask them to do it for you. nice I have yet to try the food offered but that will be for next time. perhaps something to try while on a more laid back date.... hmmmmmm who wants to go? i bite HAHAHAHAHA! I do, I do like this place! I went back last week with the crew and low and behold - the food is good and the drinks are even better. It tastes so much better when I hear it's happy hour. Loved the meat and cheese plate... the shoe string fries... the calamari.. and the plate of tasty raviolis was only improved by the crisped herbs that it was topped with. *drool Nothing like drinking your wine/beer while listening to the jazz group performing. And then taking your drink and crew into the back. I can never get enough of the back patio. It's just nice. Definitely going back again! ;D
- Seven Bamboo162 Jackson Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Seven BambooAlcohol is a crazy thing! ZOMG! Heard the Beatles song and I was good to go... OH, I NEED YOUR LOVE BABE GUESS YOU KNOW ITS TRUE HOPE YOU NEED MY LOVE BABE JUST LIKE I NEED YOU HOLD ME, LOVE ME HOLD ... read moreME, LOVE ME I AINT GOT NOTHINBUT LOVE BABE EIGHT DAYS A WEEK LOVE YOU EVERYDAY GIRL ALWAYS ON MY MIND ONE THING I CAN SAY GIRL LOVE YOU ALL THE TIME HOLD ME, LOVE ME HOLD ME, LOVE ME I AINT GOT NOTHIN' BUT LOVE GIRL 8 DAYS A WEEK,8 DAYS A WEEK I LOVE YOU 8 DAYS A WEEK IS NOT ENOUGH TO SHOW I CARE OH, I NEED YOUR LOVE BABE YES YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE HOPE YOU NEED MY LOVE BABE JUST LIKE I NEED YOU HOLD ME, LOVE ME HOLD ME, LOVE ME I AINT GOT NOTHING BUT LOVE BABE 8 DAYS A WEEK, 8 DAYS A WEEK I LOVE YOU 8 DAYS A WEEK IS NOT ENOUGH TO SHOW I CARE LOVE YOU EVERYDAY GIRL ALWAYS ON MY MIND ONE THING I CAN SAY GIRL LOVE YOU ALL THE TIME HOLD ME, LOVE ME HOLD ME, LOVE ME I AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' BUT LOVE BABE 8 DAYS A WEEK, 8 DAYS A WEEK, 8 DAYS A WEEK What? I'm a Beatles fan. ;D
- Singlebarrel43 West San Salvador Street, San Jose, CArecommended SinglebarrelHELL YES! What's not to like? 1940's theme and the down right hospitable bar personalities to go with them. Those guys are dapper and knowledgeable at the same time. BTW their rumored to be famous gin ... read morefizz is only served from 5 to 6pm so watch your watches! They have walls and bottles to make more and more drinks than I could possibly drink though that has and will never stop me from trying. kekekeke And to top it all off, since they dont provide food they let you bring your own... YOUR OWN FOOD!
- Koji Sake Lounge48 S. 1st Street, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended Koji Sake LoungeI heart Koji Sake Lounge. It's kind of odd, I didn't think anyone was thinking about going to this, but fortunately more people than expected showed up!!!! I believe there was an event there, but I ... read moredidn't really know anyone form that event and fortunately was accompanied by the SVC!!! Ok, all I have to say....despite the swank look, lovely Brittney, fantastic sake selection and polutan.....i mean apps. that calamari and spam and fries...and I duno what else we ate went great together. On another note the White Rabbit...White Bunny...whatever didn't agree with me too well.....especially after having it being swapped with my original drink. Oh well.....the sake bombs took care of any after taste. The venue filled up a little bit but it was still nice enough for our group to yell out our conversation to each other through the thrum of background noise. It was a pleasure meeting some new Apple people....even though they wouldn't give an IPHONE. What's up with that....seriously?? Oh, and mad props to Brittney for putting up with my.....I mean our shennanigans. From the double order of food and drinks, to certain people falling off their chairs and broken beer bottles....I was estatic they didn't throw me....I mean us out of the place. All they needed was karaoke and it would have been of the hinges.... especially with VAN THE MAN there..... too bad he didn't serenade me this time though.
- Temple Bar & Lounge52 South 1st Street, San Jose, CArecommended Temple Bar & LoungeWhere everyone knows my name... When ever I'm in town with the crew and we are drinking at Koji's.. it's convenient that whenever the girls want to go dance they can always hop next door to here to ... read moredance their asses off. This one time I was looking for Michelle and Tin let me in to go find her, no wait, no hassle, no nothing but good luck. I like him, even if he did hurt me in junior high... well rather he allowed me to hurt myself. That's another story. Besides there being a lot of guys or what not.. security has always be on top of things and have been cool with me. Yes, its a lil crowded but then again you wouldn't com here if it were empty. So, in that regard the number of people there is a double edged sword. And no, I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, it's just that well, I do like place and trying to keep it in perspective. Man, there are some valid points as dock stars from this review, but it is hard for me to do that considering all the damage me and mine have gotten away with over here. Remember that time Esco drank a shot of whiskey and threw up on the counter... or when we found her in the men's rest room, or when... you know, I'll just stop right there. Whether it's because of my charm and good looks or whether the owner probably owes me money... we had some great times here! ;D
- Loft Bar & Bistro90 South 2nd Street, San Jose, CArecommended Loft Bar & BistroI was going to write this for the last time I was here... however since then I came back for an elite event.. go figure! I have not been hassled for two forms of ID.. actually I just walked in with my ... read moredrivers licsense. Perhaps I should have gone on crazier days to experience it. The crazy would have been nice to the nearly empty space however considering that the alternative would have been a packed sweaty space... perhaps less full isn't such a bad idea. Overall I like the space, I like the wood, the layout it not so bad. I wish they did have a slide so I could just drunkenly zip on out when I wanted to. My thing is, if it's called Loft I understand that there's the open space but there should be beds or something really comfortable laid out. Just saying! The first time the music was alright and the drinks were strong. The second time the music was alright when I could hear it... the food was better... i love tartar sauce.. goes with everything... and the drinks were still strong... courtesy of Sky Vodka.... kekekkeke I don't really remember much of the 2nd time I went... courtesy of YELP!!! I can barely make any rhyme or reason based on the puzzle piece pictures that were taken by all the ever present photogs... there were a ton of people I wanted to talk to however Mr. Sky talked to me first.... next time ;D
recommended SinoI have been here a couple of times. I have only actually been here for dim sum. I don't really care for their dim sum...some of it isn't half bad but they are kind of on the big side. My mom likes ... read morethis place even though I find some of the dim sum oily. What I really wanted to see - which is by definition in my book makes a dim sum pace a dim sum place are the carts.....I have yet to see carts in use. I know they have "a" cart...but I think it's more for decoration. When the weather is nice - eating outside is great. For the most part you can't go wrong with most of the food - I have yet to try everything though. But I think this place would be more fun at night when it's more of a party vibe.
- Fahrenheit Ultra Lounge & Restaurant99 E San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95113recommended Fahrenheit Ultra Lounge & RestaurantThis past weekend has been a blur... hell the past two weeks has been Hell. And what do I have to show for it.. some of the oddest things that staff have said to me.... Here, lets just say that i've ... read morehad an on going conversation with Christine hear spanning the last 2 years... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2 Years Ago Christine~ Hello, my name is Christine and I will be taking care of you guys today... Me~ Hi there, I see that the group has already started a bottle service? Christine~ Yeah, about that, I was thinking it kind of odd with all the free alcohol and all... but I suppose vodka was what you guys wanted.... Me~ Looks to me we're running out *drinking the last couple of drops from the bottle* Could you add another bottle on my tab? Christine~ Of course. ..... Christine~ It's so crazy, you guys have been here for the past 12 hours since noon. Me~ I know, and now I gotta go to work! ;D Christine~ *look of shock* Me~ *wink* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Last Year Christine~ Happy Bday! So, let me get this right... keep the bottles coming?!?! ME~ yes please.. and she can sign my card for me... Christine~ Alright, keep the bottles coming and this lovely lady can sign for you on your card? ME~ of course, there's no one else here thats sober that i'd trust more implicitly than her... Christine~ *looks from me to her to me to her to me*grins* You're the birthday boy! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Last Saturday Christine~ Its has been a while, I just saw you a couple days ago and were asking your girlfriends if that was you... I had forgotten your name and name dropped Walter's name from way back when. Me~ Nononononono, my name is JM.... but yeah, that was a long time ago back in the day running crazy with Walter and the crew. Christine~ You guys dont do that anymore?? Me~ Oh.. we do. Lets just say it's been a crazy past couple of weeks... and it's still not the end of May yet... *FML*3 more weeks to go till....