Things to do for History Buffs in Namibia
Recommended for You
- 1Brandberg Mountain World Heritage Site, end of D2359 road, off the C35 (Uis-to-Korixas section), NamibiaRanked #1 overall in Uis things to do1 review
The rock art is fascinating and there is so much of it! Much more than just the "White Lady" site. Even if you're not into cave paintings, the scenery here...Popular with
- 2Brandberg Mountain World Heritage Site, end of D2359 road, off the C35 (Uis-to-Korixas section), NamibiaRanked #2 overall in Uis things to do1 review
The Brandberg and area around it is so beautiful. Just about dusk is when you start to understand how it got its name, meaning Fire Mountain, and it will take...Popular with
Other places you might like...
- 6C37/(D324) Road, Hobas, Ai-Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park, NamibiaRanked #1 overall in Ai-Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park things to do4 reviews
A fun and tough hike where you're not likely to run into anyone other than a couple of disgruntled baboons. Be warned: they will throw things at you. I learned...Popular with
- 7Erf 1058 Nathaniel Maxuili SwakopmundRanked #1 overall in Swakopmund things to do3 reviews
No matter what your skill level, you'll find this desert quad-biking adventure a thrilling ride. For about an hour, you'll traverse the dunes, get a stunning view of the Atlantic,...Popular with
- 8Off the D2301, 53km north of Henties Bay, Cape Cross,Erongo, NamibiaRanked #2 overall in Swakopmund things to do3 reviews
Yes, is stinks. But it's still awesome. I've been here so many times and each time is like watching a National Geographic documentary live. Seriously - the makers of "Meerkat...Popular with
- 10Mandume Ya Ndemufayo, Swakopmund, NamibiaRanked #3 overall in Swakopmund things to do2 reviews
Namibia has a sordid history and Swakopmund was an outpost for Nazi's who fled Germany. This museum outlines the influence of the various cultures which have influenced this area.