Tribes: Who likes this place?
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 74%Family Travelers
- 74%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- Namutoni ResortMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersFoodies+ 1First to ReviewOct 19, 2013
Namutoni's best feature is the fort and the shops and restaurant within it. The pool's pretty nice too. I haven't stayed in one of the rooms, though from the outside they do look nice. I'm not a huge fan of the camping here since the sites are cramped and quite close together. However, the place is clean and there's always been hot water at the ablution blocks. The waterhole here is a bit of a let-down unless you are really into your birdwatching. This doesn't mean the places devoid of wildlife - it just prefers to come to you. Huge families of banded mongoose take over sections of the resort, occupying the campsite or the pool. It's clearly their space, they just let you visit. It's fun watching these fascinating animals and they're not aggressive so you can watch from quite close up. In the evening, the jackals move in and you'd be wise not to leave any food unattended. Now, I love that kind of thing but it's not for everyone.
All that said, if you're coming in from the Namutoni gate, it is a good bet to get into the park late in the day, stay overnight here, then get the earliest start to your game driving in the morning.
Mediocre26 reviews across the web.
- Room98% thought rooms were spacious.
- Hotel Building75% said the facilities were very new.
- Food71% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- LocationGood location. 71% of guests mentioned it positively.
- HotelHotel is nice enough. 70% of guests gave positive feedback.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 70%.