National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 91%Local Culture
- 66%Family Travelers
- 63%Budget Travelers
- 57%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%Green Travelers
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
Member Reviews (8)Write a review
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyMay 30, 2014
One of my favorite things about traveling through Ireland is that the country’s museums are free. And of them, the National Museum of Archaeology is by far my favorite. Exhibits range from ancient tools and jewelry to early Christian artifacts. The remains of men sacrificed in bogs are also on display, though they are well placed where someone who doesn’t want to see them won’t stumble upon the bodies. The museum has an ancient Egyptian section as well, which would be the closest thing to a negative I could say about the place. It is so random among all the wonderful Irish history I just wondered if there could be a better location for it and maybe other artifacts from around the world.
- National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Jan 13, 2014
This was the family's favorite museum. The exhibits were well laid out. We learned a lot of history. My wife really enjoyed the old jewelry and gold. The kids love the interactive computer exhibits. I thought the viking and medieval stuff was first rate. It made all of us happy, and best of all it was free.Recommended for:
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 6Dec 28, 2013
Free museum with lots to see! I learned so much about the history of Ireland including about the early Viking settlements and how some Gaelic comes from Old Norse (including the word for beer!).Recommended for:
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 13Nov 12, 2013
1 of 2 parts of the national museum of Ireland, with some very interesting Irish specific exhibits looking at prehistoric Ireland, as well as medieval and Viking exhibits. A great introduction to Ireland's rich historyRecommended for:
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2Oct 24, 2013
Free museum with a lot of archeological artifacts from Pre-historic, Viking and the middle ages. Interesting, although there is not as much explanation as I would have liked to understand what you were seeing. Worth an hour.Recommended for:
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesVegetarian+ 2First to ReviewAug 15, 2013
Amazing archaeology museum with loads of artifacts from the Stone Age to the Vikings to Medieval Ireland. They even have some Egyptian artifacts just for fun.
My favorite section was on the Iron Age where they show piles of gold jewelry, tools and even some bog people. It really gives insight into how people lived at that time. Okay, and the Vikings section was really cool too!Recommended for: