Great museum with a gorgeous sculpture garden and wonderful Asian art collection. Close to The Plaza.
Things to do near Nelson Atkins Museum of Art
- 10.24 mi
- 20.64 mi
- 30.93 mi3918 Broadway Street, Kansas City, MO0.93 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art2 reviews
It's a Beautiful Day is an amazing store in Kansas City. You'll find all sorts of counter culture information and a good selection of clothing, records, and books. Interested in learning more about cannabis or signing the Show-Me Cannabis petition? stop in and get informed.
- 40.79 mi535 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO, United States0.79 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art2 reviews
World Market is one of my favorite places to buy beverages. They've always got something new to try. One of my recent favorite findings is Chai Cola. World Market also has a great wine selection and all sorts of other goodies you won't find anywhere else.
- 50.79 mi
- 60.78 mi4303 Jefferson St., Kansas City, MO0.78 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
Temple Slug is another place I just visited for the first time. I've driven past their sign plenty of times, wondering what was inside. I was on an adventure today, so I stopped in to check it out. When I walked you could smell the awesome incense, and aromatic oils. I walked in a bit more and found all sorts ...
- 70.6 mi300 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO, United States0.6 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
Zoom has all sorts of toys you didn't know you wanted. They've got brain teasers and puzzles galore, they've got miniature farm animals, they've got everything you need for Christmas shopping or if you're looking for a fun shop to kill some time in. Zoom is awesome for children and adults, no matter who you are you're going to find ...Popular with
- 80.64 mi4764 Broadway Street, Kansas City, MO, United States0.64 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
Williams-Sonoma has some of the coolest kitchen gadgets I've ever seen. I bought a little mustard scoop because it was awesome looking. I don't use it for mustard, but I've found a much better use for it. The only downfall of the store is the cost, all good things come with a mighty "good" price tag that I can't afford ...
- 90.77 mi3941 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111, United States0.77 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
I visited Harling's Upstairs Bar for the Kansas CIty Glassblowers Guild kick off party. I had never been before, but I've walked past their door plenty of times. I didn't realize that it was the door to a "secret" bar. There are no signs or notification, but once you walk upstairs you know you're in the right place. It is ...Popular with
- 100.75 mi520 Nichols Road, Kansas City, MO, United States0.75 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
Urban Outfitters is a pretty awesome clothing store in Kansas City. More than the clothes, I am a fan of the shoes they carry and some of the miscellaneous fun stuff. I picked up a book called "Stuff White People Lke" last time I was in, it is a comical account of things that "white people" enjoy. If you're looking ...
- 110.79 mi
- 120.5 mi111 Nichols Road, Kansas City, MO, United States0.5 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
Well, I don't honestly have a review for Forever 21, but in order to add it I have to say a few words. I'm a guy and I'm pretty sure they don't have men's clothing in this store, but I imagine it is pretty rad if you're a lady.
- 130.4 mi4305 Main Street, Kansas City, MO, United States0.4 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
I stopped into Phoenix Herb because they started following my twitter account. The store has a great selection of loose leaf teas as well as a few walls covered with various other herbs. I wish I had more money to try all of the different teas, I'll report back when I do!
- 140.32 mi4601 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri0.32 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art1 review
This Frank Lloyd Wright building is a bit of an eyesore on the outside but the spire of light gets points for originality. Worth a quick peek in the evening just because of the architectural significance.Popular with
- 153.64 mi1100 Walnut St Ste 3000, Kansas City, MO3.64 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art10 reviews
Lots of places to shop, eat, drink. The Sprint Center is nearby which is a venue for major music acts. Cosentino's grocery store has some really great prepared foods, big salad bar, a good wine selection and bakery.Popular with
- 162.5 mi100 West 26 Street, Kansas City, MO, United States2.5 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art10 reviews
I've only been to Liberty Memorial one time and that was to take photos at night. I've driven past it a thousand times and recognize it as a Kansas City landmark, though I haven't explored it much on my own.Popular with
- 174.28 mi6700 Zoo Drive, Kansas City, MO 64132-16754.28 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art7 reviews
Very fun and VERY BIG zoo be prepared to do some serious walking but it is very enjoyable the food is pricey but what zoo is not pricey and they have some really cool gift shops, be sure to check out africa and take the boat ride.Popular with
- 183.78 mi4000 Baltimore, Kansas City, MO 64111-22343.78 mi from Nelson Atkins Museum of Art5 reviews
Westport is an awesome area of Kansas City where the cool kids go. There are lots of bars and several music venues. Westport is also where you'll find some great food and coffee.Popular with
- 192.71 mi
- 202.53 mi