filtered byGreenX

Whole Foods Market

This is probably the prettiest Whole Foods I've ever been to, and I'm from Austin! :) It's not the biggest, of course (the biggest, being in Austin), but it has such character. The parking lot is amazing - covered parking in an old warehouse.

Popular withVegetarianFoodiesGreen

Satsuma Cafe

Bywater's wheatgrass watering hole, Satsuma has been detoxing the hungover neighborhood each morning for a few years now. The clientele here is an eclectic mix of typey-typey Macbook folks, crunchy granola types, urban farmers, and Nola's bourgeoning tech jobs crowd. Enjoy the patio outback on nicer weather days, but beware, the wifi here is usually turned off during the lunch ...

Popular withLGBTLocalGreen

Cafe Du Monde

Light, puffy donut like concoctions sprinkled with sugar served with a cup of chickory coffee and hot milk - beignets and cafe au lait; they are world renown. Come anytime day or night... Find a table though it may be bustling, and that is part of the fun people from all over the world coming to sit at little tables ...

Popular withFoodiesLocalBudget

Central Grocery

@Chef_Jay recommends the original muffuleta, stuffed artichoke and marinated mushrooms!

Popular withFoodiesBudgetLocal

Mother's Restaurant

Bacon peanuts butter burger. Yessssss. It sounds wrong but it tastes so right!

Popular withFoodiesBudgetLocal

Pat O'Brien's Courtyard Restaurant

This place seem like a tourist trap (and maybe it is), but I love it!! The reason why I love it is the dueling piano bar area. To sit in this area, it's etiquette to buy a drink or two. Unfortunately, there's no food allowed. There are many other areas in this place that serve food though.

Popular withNightlifeLocalBudget

Cafe Amelie

Cafe Amelie looks like a picturesque house with a beautiful courtyard that was converted into a mom and pop restaurant. I love the feel of the place, but most of all, I LOVE their shrimp and grits. They were definitely the best thing I ate in Louisiana. Our table loved it so much, we ordered an extra dish!

Popular withLocalFoodiesBusiness

Willie Mae's Scotch House

Try the friend chicken and red beans and rice. Open Monday through Saturday 11-5.

Popular withFoodiesLocalBudget

Napoleon House

I am not really into New Orleans, but I like the French Quarter and I like this place. They have a great Pimms Cup and their back patio is really nice. There's a lot of Quarter-style ambiance, without the trashiness of Bourbon Street. The food isn't anything exciting, but it's good, and the drinks are great.

Popular withHistoryLocalFoodies

Cafe' Negril

Lots of dancing and a good reggae band was keeping the crowd going when we dropped in. No cover. Although nothing special, it was a decent place to grab a snack while music bar hopping on Frenchmen Street.

Popular withNightlife

Cafe Atchafalaya

Tucked away off the rush of Magazine St you will find a New Orleans jewel... I love the ambiance nuvo traditional, a contradiction in terms, but it comes off with flair here! Great food and cocktails, really like the staff... Southern at it's best! Very popular brunch, lunch, and dinner!

Popular withWellnessLocalFoodies

Acme Oyster House

A New Orleans icon that lives up to it's reputation. Absolutely incredible food. There is usually a line out the door, but it is well worth the wait. I'm generally a fan of raw ones, but the grilled oysters here are not to be missed. Heaven on a plate.

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Mr B's Bistro

BBQ shrimp and some bread for afterwards to soak up the delicious sauce. Great restaurant. Good value. Good service. Good location in the French Quarter.

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesBusiness

Sucré

I love the French macarons that Sucre has. Given that I'm gluten-free, I can rarely get baked goods, so I got every flavor they had. I'm happy I did! So good. Their salted caramel was my favorite.

Popular withFoodiesVegetarianLocal

Cafe Beignet

A great breakfast spot for a cajun omelet or beignet. Stop by for live music and a cocktail later in the day.

Popular withLocalBusinessFamilies

Luke

Luke is a restaurant I frequent.... John Besh one of New Orleans renown chef's owns it. It has great Brunch Saturday and Sunday with eggs in a pot (with crab grits and hollandaise) and their Mimi's Pancakes with honey pecan butter are my favorites! At 3pm they begin a Happy Hour all week long with 50 cent fresh oysters and ...

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryBusiness

Commanders Palace Restaurant

@Chef_Jay recommends creole bread pudding souffle with warm whiskey cream.

Popular withFoodiesHistoryLuxury

Jacques-Imo's Cafe

This is the place to be! Gotta have the alligator cheesecake. Cool vibe and awesome food in a laid back neighborhood.

Popular withFoodiesLocalFamilies

Cochon Butcher

Hands down the most savory meat dish I've had in NOLA. Worth the price and the wait!!! GET THE ONE WITH PORK or DUCK!!!! I also heard the owner had another restaurant where they specialize in fish. It's located behind their fancy restaurant. It's more chill and hipster-ish. Their cocktails are yummy too. Wish they had this in LA.

Popular withFoodiesLocalFamilies

The Court of Two Sisters

The courtyard/patio has such a romantic atmosphere. Tables are underneath an old blue wisteria tree lit up with lights in the evening. The food is good though I am sure there might be better choices for foodies. The bananas foster is quite memorable, though, and once again the ambiance is unforgettable.

Popular withFoodiesLocalHistory