Restaurants for Family Travelers in New Zealand

filtered byFamiliesX

Matheson Cafe

Excellent setting for dinner near Fox Glacier NZ. The food was superb!

The Observatory Restaurant

Great views over the city and harbour, either from The Observatory or from the revolving Orbit restaurants. Beautiful on a sunny day. Ascent is free if you eat.

Fidels Cafe

foodorgasm

Devonport Stone Oven Bakery & Cafe

Popular withOutdoorAdventureFamilies

Nor'Wester Cafe

Mezze Bar

A nice little bar. I came here to meet with someone and had a muffin and orange juice. Both were quite fresh and the place never got too crowded for a Tuesday morning. This is right off Queen Street.

Midnight Espresso

Not only the best cafe name ever - this restaurant come caffeine depot has the upmarket hipster vibe that makes Cuba Street the place to be in Wellington. Open late and perfectly situated.

Popular withTrendstersNightlifeFoodies

Maranui Cafe

Best Sunday Breakfast, highly recommend, it faces the ocean and serves awesome food! $10-17 - milkshakes like they used to make them.

Chantellinis Restaurant

Great meal, service and location last night, highly recommended

Speight's Ale House Restaurant & Bar (The)

We topped off our tour with dinner at Speight's Ale House which serves tasty South Island cuisine accompanied by Speights beer that's been brewed on the premises. I ordered the Blue 'n Gold, a Speights beer battered blue cod served with "golden" chips (i.e., fries).

Zus & Zo

Nikau Gallery Cafe

Amazing place to have breakfast on a Saturday! I do not drink coffee but everybody I have talked to raves about it, great nectarine juice.

La Boca Loca

This place is out of the city in Miramar but definitely worth a visit for fresh and cheap mexican. Great atmosphere and service.

Velvet Burger

When I lived in Dunedin, I came to Velvet Burger too often for my own good. The burgers are excellent. I especially love the Velvet Burger, which is a venison burger. But my favorite thing to eat here was skinny fries with garlic aioli. Irresistible!

Good One

Best coffee I've had in Auckland

dine by Peter Gordon

Granted, I was slightly jetlagged when I ate here, so I don't remember the details, but I do remember enjoying my meal a lot. Peter Gordon is a pretty famous NZ chef--he calls his style "magpie cuisine", meaning he picks from all kinds of culinary traditions, and uses typical NZ ingredients, such as the special sweet potatoes they have there. ...

Popular withLuxuryFoodies

Arbitrageur Wine Room

This award-winning restaurant is a great place to sample not only fine cuisine but some of New Zealand's excellent wines.

Popular withLuxuryFoodies

Al Forno Italian Restaurant & Cafe

I had the veal parmigiana. Yum! The owner came to our table a couple of times and we had a good laugh with him. Food was really excellent, authentic Italian Cuisine. We ordered garlic bread and they made it fresh pizza-style in the fantastic wood-fired oven. Pizzas from the wood oven looked delicious!

Filter restaurants by Cuisine