Trip Plan Details
- Singapore Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour5 Temasek Boulevard, Singapore 038985recommended Singapore Hop On Hop Off Bus TourThis tour helps you when you're staying a few days in SIN.It givces you the whole perspective of the different "cities" within Singapore, the different neighborhoods: Indian, Chinese, Arab, Sentosa ... read moreislands, colonial district, etc while explaning some historical facts. Really enjoyed it.
- Singapore Art Museum71 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189555 Singapore
- Singapore Botanic Gardens1 Cluny Road, Singapore 259569 Singaporerecommended Singapore Botanic GardensThis garden complex, which features a number of different styles of gardens, is free and convenient, with a stop on the MRT right next to it. I particularly enjoyed the orchid garden they had. It has ... read morea lot of open green space, which was well utilized by families the times that I went.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Chinese & Japanese Gardens1 Chinese Garden Rd, Singaporerecommended Chinese & Japanese GardensThis is one of the large, open green spaces in Singapore. There are interesting architectures from both areas exhibited in the gardens, as well as some historical information about various important ... read moreChinese figures.Recommended for:History Buffs
- Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom Museum51 Cable Car Road, Singapore 09 Singaporerecommended Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom MuseumWhile having a nice collection of housed insects, the main thing that I enjoyed about this park is the variety of butterflies that are around the two open areas. They did provide some nice practice ... read morefor macro photography.Recommended for:
- Au Petit Salut44 Jalan Merah Saga, Singaporerecommended Au Petit SalutI believe that this was an attempt to create an authentic French restaurant in Singapore. The interior does a very nice job of this, as does the exterior as long as one is willing to overlook the ... read moreflora that I do not believe exist in France. The service was good, as should be expected. I, for the most part, cannot comment properly on the food as I have no real experience with French cuisine. The one thing that I can comment on is the creme brulee. After describing the taste and texture to others, I was told that they did not prepare it properly, but not to be surprised at this as very few actually do.Recommended for:
- Marina BayMarina Bay, Singapore 049323 Singaporerecommended Marina BayGranted, plutonomy is disgusting. A place like Marina Bay and its ultraluxury hotel and casino, the Sands, is by its nature a little repellent -- a playground for the ultra-rich. That said, the ... read morearchitecture of this waterfront corner of Singapore is astonishing, and a photographer's dream, with the Sands towers, the helix bridge, and the sharp glass highrises across the harbor creating a truly beautiful skyscape, particularly at sunset. It's a wonderful place for a stroll, and though the $20 pricetag to visit the Skypark atop the towers is a significant deterrent, the Marina is still completely worthy of a couple hours' exploration.Matthew Crompton
Best enjoyed at sunset. Bring a camera.
- Betel Box 'Food Walk' Tour200 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427471recommended Betel Box 'Food Walk' TourWere I able to, I would give these food tours given by Tony, owner of Katong-district's Betel Box hostel, eleven stars. Lasting for nearly six hours and involving 25+ dishes from Chinese, Indian, and ... read moreMalay culinary traditions, this tour of the eateries along Joo Chiat road (way more authentic than Chinatown) is nothing short of fantastic. And while it's a superb introduction to Singapore's food scene, it also gives deeper insight into the culture as a whole -- from working to housing to religion -- and should be considered a 'must-do' while you're in the city.Matthew Crompton
If the timing works out, this is spectacular.
- Cafe Le Caire39 Arab St., Singapore 199736 Singaporerecommended Cafe Le CaireAfter a second visit to Cafe Le Caire on a recent trip thru the Singpore, I've come to rate the place more highly. Popular with locals and tourists alike, the Middle-Eastern food at this Kampong Glam ... read moreinstitution is outstanding, from creamy hummus with ground lamb and warm Arabic bread to fresh fatoush salads to perfectly seasoned shwarma. With excellent Turkish coffee and mint tea, Le Caire combines superb and authentic cuisine with fine atmosphere for one of Singapore's most satisfying dining experiences.Matthew Crompton
Amazing middle eastern food here.
- 328 Katong Laksa53 East Coast Road, Singapore 428771 Singaporerecommended 328 Katong LaksaCurry laksa has been called the national dish of Singapore, and this institution off Joo Chiat Rd. does it as well as anyone. Dirt cheap, a large bowl of this coconut-and-prawn-paste base noodle soup, ... read morefull of prawns and mussels, will set you back only $6 SGD. Singapore is a serious food city, and if you're curious about its signature dish, this is the place to try it.Matthew Crompton
Singapore for me is all about food -- definitely try laksa here.
- Southern Ridges WalkAlexandra Rd, Singaporerecommended Southern Ridges WalkDone with temples, hawker centers, and the concrete jungle? For something completely different in Singapore, head to the island's southern edge and walk the spectacular set of interconnected national ... read moreparks, savoring the greenery and wonderful views along the way. Completing the walk from the island's west, across the elevated Canopy Walk sections soaring on walkways at treetop level, thru the Horticultural Park, across the gorgeous Henderson Waves bridge and on to the cable car station on Mt. Faber (with a fantastic panorama), should take about 3 hours, and practically begs that you bring a camera. Highly recommended.Recommended for:Outdoor EnthusiastsMatthew Crompton
Amazing walk that combines nature, great views, and the city. Allow at least a half day.
- Little IndiaSerangoon Road, Singapore 207309 Singaporerecommended Little IndiaLittle India is one of the more fascinating places in SG! Lots of colours, people-watching and great food. An awesome place to experience a different culture!
- Singapore Flyer30 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039803
- Clarke Quay3 River Valley Road, Singapore 179024 Singapore
- Universal Studios Singapore11 Sentosa East Mall, Singapore 099054 Singapore
- ChinatownBtwn New Bridge Road and Cecil Street; Upper Cross Street and Cantonment Road, Singapore 059418 Singapore
- SentosaSentosa Island, Singapore 099891 Singapore
- Orchard RoadOrchard Road, Singapore 238874 Singapore
- Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay1 Esplanade Dr, Singapore 038981