No. 1 Shanghai Cuisine

4200 No 3 Road, Richmond, BC, Canada

• No. 1 Shanghai CuisineCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Keane
    5 Mar 24, 2014

It's really a shame that the idea of Chinese food usually conjures up images of chow mein and mu shu pork for the standard Westerner. After all, China is a large country that encompasses and incorporates many cultures from Mongolia to India to the near Middle East. We perpetuate the myth that Chinese food must be cheap and a little dirty to be genuine.

The night after my cousin got married, our family went to No. 1 Shanghai Cuisine (brilliantly creative name) for a sort of after-wedding reception party. We all had a great time. The staff was very friendly and the food was amazing. Of course, we had the xiao long bao (soup dumplings) and a number of other things I've only seldom tried before - if ever. It was a nice change from the standard Cantonese/Szechuan fare the West is normally accustomed to, cooked with enough flavor that I'm actually getting hungry as I write this. Not "cheap" but definitely worth it.

By far the best meal from our trip to BC. And yes, I'm Chinese.

1 member's review