Nobu San Diego
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
Member Reviews (12)
- Nobu San DiegoJul 04, 2012
The name Nobu is heard quite frequently in my West LA circle, but I had never been to any of the locations until recently. My friend's father (a major celebrity) took a group to dinner at SD Nobu during ComicCom and, though the food was undeniably great, I did not feel it was worth the ridiculous pricing. But hey, if you can afford it, why not right? Order: Lobster Salad, Toro w/ Caviar, grilled peppers
- Nobu San DiegoMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLGBT+ 1Jul 04, 2012
This hip-as-of-2005 sushi restaurant, located in the heart of the Gaslamp district, is definitely worth a shot, if you've never been before.
The special rolls are all worth a trying, the quality of the sashimi is consistently good, the service is generally decent, and the atmosphere is bustling and hip.
- Get some sake if exotic alcohol is up your alley. They have a lot of interesting varieties.
- Try a type of sushi you haven't in the past. This place is world-renowned and the quality is basically guaranteed. If there's something you've been hesitant to try in the past, dinner at Nobu is the time.
- Turn it into a night on the town. Nobu is located right in the Hardrock Hotel compound and is central to all that the Gaslamp district has to offer; don't let the opportunity go to waste! It's a great restaurant for a special occasion.
- Don't come dressed like a slob. It's a nice restaurant and, though it is terrible to admit, they may stick you in the back corner if you look like a mess. Yes, it's terrible. Yes, it's a reality.
- Don't forget your wallet. This place isn't exactly cheap. But hey, it's sushi; what did you expect?
- Nobu San DiegoMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2Jul 03, 2012
Misleading, this Nobu is disappointing in every way. The deco was tasteless, reminded me of a cheap dinner. The service was just BAD! The order took about 1hr to arrive and was incorrect (also, the next table group continually complaining about the long wait). Cannot justify, the place was nearly empty! The wine list was super limited, of poor quality and $$$$. A visit is NOT recommended (as of 2010).
- Nobu San DiegoMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 2Jul 03, 2012
we waited almost 1 hour for our dinner even it did not seem too busy. Then they brought up a wrong dish. Food was just o.k. Restaurant setting was not very touching for a Nobu Restaurant.