Trip Plan Details
- Snake Park, NairobiNational Museumrecommended Snake Park, NairobiIn the grounds of the National Museum, there's a recreated Kikuyu homestead and a Snake Park, where you can see black mambas, some sad-looking crocodiles and giantdudus (creepy crawlies). Currently ... read morethe Snake Park exhibits major groups, 1.Invertebrates like Giant Snails, Baboon Spider ,Mombasa Train Millipede, Crayfish, Freshwater Prawns 2.Vertebrates like Fishes both Marine and Fresh water, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds and Mammals It is also offering services such as rescue and rehabilitation centre for reptiles (abandoned, confiscated, illegal collection), dissemination of information on aquarium fishes and reptiles as well as specialized talks on the same.HTT Holidays and Incentives
Do you fancy nature, learn about African snakes at the Snake Park
- Brown's Cheese FactoryLimururecommended Brown's Cheese FactoryA day trip to visit the Brown's cheese factory and Dairy Farm is a great day trip for all. Being just half an hour from Nairobi, this family run farm has been in operation for over 40 years. It offers ... read morea variety of activities that include cheese tastings, a farm visit, a delicious lunch and even a chance to milk the cows. The tastings and visits are by appointment only, so if interested you'll need to email or call to book a place.HTT Holidays and Incentives
Why not have sometime for the farm and visit the Cheese factory!
recommended Ramoma Rahimtulla Ramoma Rahimtulla Museum of Modern ArtBesides its permanent collection, visitors to the new museum can see an exhibition of children's work in the Safaricom Children's Gallery, "Gender, power and the past" by US-trained Kenyan artist ... read moreMiriam Syowia Kyambi in the Installation Gallery and mixed photographic works in the Photographic Gallery. Other spaces in the new premises include a sculpture garden and an outside area for open-air performances.HTT Holidays and Incentives
All things art in Nairobi, visit and taste Africa's finest
- The GoDown Arts CentreDunga Road at Lusaka Road, South B, Industrial Area, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended The GoDown Arts CentreThe Go-Down Arts Centre, a converted warehouse in the Industrial Area, contains ten separate art studios and is rapidly becoming a hub for Nairobi's burgeoning arts scene, bringing together visual and ... read moreperforming arts with regular exhibitions, shows, workshops and open cultural nights.HTT Holidays and Incentives
If you are a lover of all things art, then this place will be a favorite for your chance in African Art.
- Giraffe ManorLangata Rd, Langata, Nairobi, Kenya
- Le Rustique RestaurantGeneral Mathenge Drive, Nairobi, Kenya
- Onami Grill & Sushi BarMwanzi Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
- Avalon TavernRiverside Drive, Nairobi, Kenya
- Mediterraneo RistorantePamstech House, P. O. Box 39080 Woodvale Grove, Nairobi, Kenya
- Alan Bobbe's BistroCianda House, P.O. Box 44997 Koinange Street, Nairobi, Kenya
- Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee HouseKaren Road, Nairobi, Kenya
- Panda Chinese RestaurantNairobi, Kenya
- Thorn Tree CafeNairobi, Kenya
- Mercury Lounge - JunctionThompson Estate, Nairobi, Kenya
- Haandi Restaurant Mezz Floor, The Mall, P. O. Box 45398, Nairobi, Kenya
- Talisman320 Ngong Road, Karen, Kenya
- Tamambo Bar and GrillMezzanine Floor, The Mall, Westlands, P. O. Box 1131, Nairobi, Kenya
- The River CafeLimuru Road, 9415 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
- CarnivoreLangata Road, Near Wilson Airport, PO Box 56685, City Square 00200, Nairobi, Kenyan Regions, Kenyarecommended CarnivoreAlthough It's been a decade since I ate here, Carnivore will always stand out as one of the most memorable dining experiences of my life. In a style similar to Brazilian churrascarias, freshly grilled ... read moremeat is constantly carved onto your plate until you say "when". However, at Carnivore these are no ordinary cuts of meat, but rather fresh crocodile, ostrich, antelope and other wild game culled sustainably from the adjacent Nairobi National Park. Each type of meat has a particular sauce that suits it best, and you'll be washing it all down with a 'dawa', the now ubiquitous Kenyan cocktail which actually originated here. I'd recommend going light on the zebra, as I over-indulged and ended up not feeling so hot on my flight back to London later the same evening. Otherwise, a meal here is an absolute "must do" on any visit to Nairobi.Arlo Hemphill
OK, perhaps after admiring the wildlife in the adjacent Nairobi National Park, the last thing on your mind will be to eat some of them. But before you let that upset you, keep in mind that the selection of wild culled meat is very select, and limited to animals that are over-reproducing in the park. This is a highly unique dining experience and definitely worth a visit. It is done in the style of a Brazilian BBQ, with filets of various meats coming around your table until you say when. Very festive and a wonderful African safari ambiance.
- Mombasa Train StationMiji Kenda Street, Mombasa, Kenyarecommended Mombasa Train StationRiding first class on the train from Mombasa to Nairobi was one of the most memorable adventures of my life. My own private room had a window that opened, allowing me to stick my head out the train ... read moreand watch the moon and shadows as we crossed the African savannah by night. In the morning, breakfast in the dining car was adorned with giraffes and zebras running alongside the train. Absolutely unforgettable - and not to mention pleasant and comfortable! This train was built by the British during the colonial period. The nostalgia of this bygone era only adds to it's charm. If you've ever seen the Michael Douglas movie about the Lions of Tsavo called "The Ghost and the Darkness", this is the very train they were building the tracks for!Arlo Hemphill
One of the most magical experiences I've had in all my life was riding the overnight train from Mombasa to Nairobi. If you're living there, this should be a relatively easy excursion, as I'm sure you'll want to check out Mombasa sometime. Take the train on the way back and purchase a first class ticket. You'll get your private room with a window that opens. In the morning, you'll find yourself having breakfast in the dining car, with giraffes, wildebeest and zebras running alongside the train across the open African savannah. Amazing.
- Nairobi National MuseumMuseum Hill, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended Nairobi National MuseumSimply amazing. It is wonderful that some of the pre-human hominid remains for each East Africa is so famous for remain right here in Kenya, on display for the world to see. These pieces could easily ... read morebe in any of the world's top museums - in New York, London or Paris. But no, they are here, where they belong - and the exhibits are riveting. A Nairobi must-see.Arlo Hemphill
Have you heard of Lucy? You know, the ancient early hominid woman who is sometimes equated to the Biblical Eve? Well, you can her here! Also, on exhibition are dozens of other pre-human hominid remains. It is outstanding. This is a wonderful museum and a true cultural treasure for the country.
- Nairobi National ParkLangata Road, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended Nairobi National ParkYou might not expect to find one of Kenya's most spectacular wilderness reserves located just on the outskirts of the capital city - but it is. Nairobi National Park is often overlooked simply as an ... read moreartifact of it's location - people want to get in, out and away from Nairobi for a safari outing. But if you give it a chance, this park will surprise. Abundant animal populations, including one of the highest densities of lions in the country, make this a non-stop thrill ride of a wilderness excursion. Very good park.Arlo Hemphill
Nairobi National Park is a somewhat unexpected treasure. Literally located at the edge of town, the park is as wild and untamed as any patch of African wilderness. The wildlife viewing opportunities here are amazing. And it's very easy access - you can drive around in a private car!
- Nairobi Safari Walk and Animal OrphanageNational Park, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended Nairobi Safari Walk and Animal OrphanageThis is a fantastic center that rescues and rehabilitates wounded and orphaned animals. It's located just outside the gates of Nairobi National Park, making it an easy stop during a safari outing. ... read moreThey have a wide range of animals you might not see in the wild elsewhere and, best of all, perform a critical service to Kenya's wildlife!Arlo Hemphill
I see you've already clicked on this one, but I want to encourage you to check it out. It's kind of like a zoo in a way, but all of the animals are rescues and in rehabilitation, hopefully set for wild release. It's a great way to see some of the regions wildlife up close and personal.
- Tokyo Japanese Restaurant KarenLangata Rd, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended Tokyo Japanese Restaurant KarenYou are forgiven for thinking that a Japanese restaurant in a dusty Nairobi suburb is a dodgy prospect. Believe me, though; I have traveled Africa extensively, and I suffer from frequent, chronic ... read moresushi cravings. Tokyo in Karen rocks it! You'll find the restaurant in an old manor, complete with a fireplace in the dining room and a bathtub in the ladies room. The food is perfection, though and the chef, though he speaks no English, will come and introduce himself before you eat.
- K1 Klub HouseOjijo Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended K1 Klub HouseCold beer and good energy are two things you don't always find in East African bars but K1 has both. The sports bar has large TVs, pool tables and indoor/outdoor seating.Summer Wilms
I spent the first half of my 26th birthday party here and it was great. The second half is a bit fuzzy but I seem to recall midnight ice skating playing a role... But I digress. I liked this bar because it was large, fun, and lacks the sleeze that is all-too-prevalent in Nairobi nightclubs.
- Elsa's KopjeP.O. Box 743 00517, Uhuru Gardens | Mughwango Hill, Meru National Park, Kenyarecommended Elsa's KopjeI dream about going back to this place. The location is amazing, the food spectacular, and the accommodation combines luxury and rustic design perfectly. For fans of "Born Free" or Christian the ... read moreLion, this place has some awesome special significance as well.Summer Wilms
For a romantic weekend, head here and rent the suite with the outdoor, rock-hewn bathtub.
- Village MarketMuthaiga North, Nairobi, Kenyarecommended Village MarketThough a little out-of-the-way, this is a great shopping and entertainment center. Great shops, great restaurants, and plenty to do. If you're looking for something non-touristy to do in Nairobi, this ... read moreis a pretty good option. Great place to take kids, too.Summer Wilms
You didn't tell me you were moving to Kenya!! You big jerk! Well, Nairobi is my home-away-from-home-away-from-home, so you're in luck! Village Market is great if you need a Western infusion of food, movies, shopping, and entertainment. It has the best bowling alley in the city.
- Bomas of KenyaKuwinda, Nairobi, Kenya
- The David Sheldrick Wildlife TrustMbagathi Gate, Nairobi National Park, Magadi Road, Nairobi, Kenya
- Trattoria Wabera Street and Kaunda Street, Nairobi, Kenya