Nopa

560 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA, United States

Todd C
    4 Jul 22, 2014

Best burger, best pork chop, awesome flatbread and crispy little fish (appetizers). Service is top notch and drinks/wine selection are in no way lagging behind. Can't wait to go back and bring everyone I know to try it too :)

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesStudentsWellness
    Jenn B
    5 Jul 15, 2014

Nopa dishes up some of the best brunch fare in the city. Unfortunately, everyone knows this and it's nearly impossible to get a quick reservation, so book your table a month out or be prepared to wait several hours to eat.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersFoodies
    Daniel Holzman
    5 May 08, 2014

Nopa is a great late night spot and a favorite among people in the restaurant business. The roast chicken is a must here, as are the amazing cocktails. I especially love that the big, open kitchen allows you to see the action and feel like you're part of the family.

Owie
    5 Mar 13, 2014

Finally got to ventured to NOPA after a year of bookmarking this place. Thanks to using my LivingSocial coupon at Candybar, we ended up eating here afterward. I am glad it was around the corner because finding parking is always a nightmare for me in SF.

We ordered:

- Smoked Trout, Avocado Cream, Soft Cooked Egg, Radish and Purslane = overly salted but the smoked trout was still delicious. Refreshing appetizer.

- Housemade Pappardelle, Lamb Sugo, Spinach and Sumac Breadcrumbs = portion size and serving was on point. Lamb was so tender and juicy! Love the light airy pappardelle.

- Roasted King Salmon, Cranberry, Green Beans, Farro and Marinated Peppers = salmon cooked to perfection and farro sauce made the dish seem almost like Mediterranean style.

Atmosphere, vibe, service and everything about NOPA was tremendous. This is the first restaurant in SF where I see high ceiling and second floor dining area. NOPA will be added to my lists of favorite restaurants to eat in SF!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
    Ericayvette
    4 Nov 27, 2013

Great place for brunch with the fam bam, friends or with significant other. try to score a seat in front of the open kitchen too watch all the action. Favorite Goat Cheese bread pudding and points for freshly made condiments

Phyth
    4 Nov 21, 2013

This place has a very Californian feel. Great, airy atmosphere, very buzzy, with high-quality 'modern-rustic' food. A teeny bit hipster, but in a good way.

A place for both regulars and newbies, I think.

Rachel S
    4 Dec 31, 2013

There was an hour wait on a Thursday night for a spot at the bar (it would have been 2 for a table), but I soon saw why Nopa-goers stuck it out. I ordered the Moroccan vegetable tangine with toasted almonds and lemon yogurt, which was rich and flavorful while still tasting fresh and healthy. And I have yet to eat a better chocolate mousse. Not the best spot for budget-goers, but if you're looking to splurge (and are patient), check out Nopa.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Joe V
    5 Nov 23, 2013

Avoid the long wait by sitting at the bar or community table and have one of the best gourmet burgers in town. There's a reason the whole trendy neighborhood is named after this place.

Connie Pistilli
    5 Jan 28, 2014

NOPA is one of my favorite late night dining spots in SF. It is a wonderful farm to table restaurant, sourcing food from a 100-mile radius and they even have a herb garden and beehive on their roof. I love their special flatbread appetizers, which are always delicious. Their pork chop is absolutely wonderful, as is their burger with blue cheese and bacon. For dessert, their chocolate pot de creme sends me straight to dessert heaven.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Richard P
    4 Dec 03, 2013

After several months in the City I'm glad I finally got to try NOPA. I took my mom and sister there for brunch on Mother's Day and everybody loved it. The service is great and the food was delicious. We ordered:

Burger: Tasty, juicy, and cooked perfectly (medium-rare). Often times restaurants overcook burgers, but this one was just right! Delicious with the pickled onions.

Custard French Toast: AMAZING! Moist and not too sweet!

Garlic Sausage: Tasty, but I'd definitely go for the burger or the French Toast.

Overall NOPA is a great place for brunch. Affordable and great quality. I look forward to trying out the other dishes.

Rene
    5 Feb 27, 2013

Burger Bar, you just got bitch slapped by NOPA.

There is some seriously stiff competition for the best burger in San Francisco. Absinthe and Bix both make a heavenly sweet burger, but NOPA makes my favorite.

On a cold and dreary San Francisco, I met up with two friends and my wife for a night of story telling and feasting on tasty bites to help fill our hungry stomachs. My wife and I were NOPA virgins and my friend being the regular and having inside knowledge of the menu, we let her guide us through what we needed to order. I had already been told months ago that there was no better burger than the NOPA burger so I knew going in that this exactly what I would be ordering.

We were seated upstairs in a corner table which was the perfect place for us to sit and chat. Markus however did have issues with the heat and as it was a bit warm. We started off with three starters to share. First up was the warm goat cheese served alongside baby roma tomatoes and baked crostini. This dish was perfectly crafted and mouth watering. The tomatoes were lightly drizzled in olive oil and resting on a bed greens. Each bite was succulent.

Second up were the white Tuscan beans. Sounds boring right? Well these were terrific! Served in a light red sauce and more cheese. A very hearty dish and perfect on a cold night. This would make a nice side for many of the entrees on the menu.

Our third and final starter was the flatbread. This was my favorite of the starters! Crispy yet flavorful and topped with a spicy sausage, onions arugula and drizzled with yogurt. Yes, I said yogurt. No, it was not gross, it was amazing. I would come back just for this dish alone! I did all I could to keep eating every last bite, but knowing that I still had a burger and dessert later I was able to hold back and limited myself to one slice.

There was a bit of a lag between the starters and our mains, but this gave us time to catch our breath and finish up our cocktails. Tequila gimlet for me, cava for my friend, some fancy manly drink for my other friend and a glass of zin for my wife.

My reward for waiting patiently was yet to come. And what a reward it was! A perfectly cooked rare, grass fed burger topped with cheddar, bacon, pickled onions and served on a house made brioche bun. I could tell from my first bite that this one special burger. I savored each and every bite. My burger came served along with a side of fries and a pesto aioli. The fries were delicious and had continually keep swatting my wife's hands away as she kept trying to steal them off my plate.

Dessert? Would we have room for dessert? Hell Yes! Gill again was our guide and just about jumped out of her chair when she found out they had their honey creme brulee available. And once again, this dish was a home run. Nice caramelized burnt crust leading to a perfect and not too eggy texture center. I loved it!

Our wine for the evening was a little something I picked up earlier in the day from Bi Rite Market. A bottle of Unti petit frere. Our server brought out four nice Reidel glasses, which I thought was very nice considering it was something we brought from the street. $20 for corkage which is in line with other restaurants in San Francisco.

NOPA definitely lived to it's hype. Excellent service, amazing and creative food and a great location. NOPA is now one of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco.

Gregory
    4 Nov 25, 2013

Solid food done simply and the results are divine. The menu didn't wow, but everything I tasted was balanced and flavorful - with the pumpkin souffle for dessert stealing the show. Nopa is open late and serves up some mouthwatering cocktails too.

Joanna Sun
    5 Nov 01, 2012

Open late, this is one of the hip spots to go to in Western Addition. The pork chop and butternut squash are amazing. They also have a large menu of drinks. Perfect for late night dinners, munchies or just a night out.

Recommended for:Trendsters
    matt chou
    5 Sep 09, 2012

This is where SF locals eat and where SF locals take out of towners to eat. It's quite literally the favorite of the city every ear. Get the brined pork chop, burgers, flat bread. Really hard to go wrong with this place. Also where I learned everything I know about cooking.

cece
    5 Aug 11, 2012

PORK CHOPS! Flatbreads, hamburgers, sopaipillas...

Everything is made with their heart and you can see & taste it as proof! Dishes are simple, seasonal, and creative! Large communal tables and it's always busy here! Great for late night eats and drinks! This place is great for just about any occasion.

Lily Rodriguez
    5 Jul 19, 2012

*****BRUNCH REVIEW*****

Make a reservation. You will not be disappointed.

First time here, went to the bar while we waited for our table. We did not have a reservation and were lucky that someone cancelled. Yummy mimosas.

ORDER THE FRENCH TOAST. They are filled with custard and are just to DIE for. We also tried the baked egg w/ tomato sauce which came with toasted bread. I am a yolk freak and enjoyed covering my bread with the tomato sauce and runny yellow goodness.

I returned again 2 weeks later and was a hot hung over mess. Here is why this place is 5 star worthy:

I was running late looking for parking. NOPA called ME to see if I was still coming and was doing OK. Ummmm...wow. Aren't I the one responsible for calling and letting them know I was late?

I left a box of to-go food since I was unable to eat in my painful state, and again, they call my cell and tell me that I left my food behind.

Where in the world do you get service like this short of the Ritz? Food is fantastic, service is world class and I cannot wait to come back again, on time and NOT hung over!

Margaret Seelie
    4 Jul 12, 2012

Nopa is one of the best restaurants in San Francisco. They offer 100% California style cuisine with a menu changing daily to accommodate seasonal ingredients, a top-notch wine list, and reusing old menus as part of the decor. The pork chop is unbeatable, and the burger will blow you away!

Shani Shoham

I like Nopa. Very cool and unique food. The stew was tasty. Service was great. Waitress was helpful and kind.

Only disclaimer: place was crowded and noisy.

Aron Hegyi

This place shines for brunch, but is also great for a late night dinner - open til 1am! The french toast is a must-have; the custard inside is so thick you might get stuck. If you come for dinner, their burger is a great standby, but they also innovate in the vegetable department.

Aimee Low
    5 Nov 28, 2013

very consistent! say hi to chef lawrence and alejandro (make sure he's wearing his red pants!) say hi to kitty at the bar, drink up the mean cup of hot chocolate, and don't skip the pork chop!

3,029 people visited Nopa

Expensive$$$

Monday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM, Tuesday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM, Wednesday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM, Thursday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM, Friday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM, Saturday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM, Sunday 5:00 PM - 01:00 AM

Hotel Kabuki