North Block Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- North Block HotelMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLuxury TravelersMar 08, 2013
Formerly known as Hotel Luca, this is a small hotel (I think only 20 or so rooms) just down the street from The French Laundry. The service level here is very high - we stayed here in the off season in December, and the staff was always very willing to accommodate us. They kept the kitchen open for us one morning when we were late to breakfast, and when we wanted to sit outside although it had rained earlier, they brought out all the cushions from the closet, brought us silverware from the dining room and wiped off all the tables for us. Bonus points for the fresh chocolate chip cookies that they leave next to the bed every night when they do turndown service!
The breakfast was included with the room when I was there, and the food is well prepared (limited selection of a couple of egg dishes). We also made use of the spa -- they called in 2 masseuses when we told them we wanted to get massages. The spa facilities are nice with a little spa room to enjoy before or after your spa treatment.
There is a great tasting room across the street - Jessup - and Napa Valley Bike Tours is right next door. The location is very convenient for a lot of activities. This was also the perfect walking distance from The French Laundry when we had eaten for 4 hours straight!
- North Block HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 4Jul 05, 2012
Formerly known as Hotel Luca. Boutique hotel with only 20 rooms makes this place intimate and luxurious. Nice outdoor balconies, fireplace, deep tub, heated floors in the bathroom, and super soft robes are some of the amenities. Room 35 is on the upper level overlooking the pool with nice light. Downside is some street noise. But otherwise wonderful.Recommended for:
Excellent!180 reviews across the web.
- This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Hotel Building100% said the facilities were very new.
- Location100% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 94%.
- Food74% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
Aliases: Hotel Luca