Things to do in Oaxaca de Juarez
- 11Central de Abasto, Oaxaca, MexicoRanked #10 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do1 review
Spend a delightful morning wandering thru the central market place. A vast array of color, and aroma delight your senses. Try the local Chapulines (Crickets, Grasshoppers, and Locusts): A Mexican...
- 14Santa Cruz Xoxocotlán, Oaxaca, MexicoRanked #14 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do1 review
This town just south of the city of Oaxaca is a place of celebrations, particularly during the run-up to Dia de los Muertos, when locals and visitors pack Xoxocotlan’s cemeteries....
- 15Calle Macedonio Alcalá, Centro, Oaxaca, MexicoRanked #13 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do1 review
This pedestrian-only street is the backbone of Oaxaca’s historic center. Lined with artisan shops, bars, restaurants and galleries, Alcala starts at the cathedral and heads north, past the city’s iconic...Popular with
- 16Plaza de la Constitucion de Oaxaca, Centro, Oaxaca, Oaxaca, MexicoRanked #12 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do1 review
The zócalo is the city's main plaza and Oaxaca’s beating heart. A Saturday on the zócalo is a spectacle of music, performers and food. Orchestras and dance troupes routinely entertain...Popular with
- 18c/o Instituto Cultural de Oaxaca, 909 JuarezRanked #17 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do1 review
Fundacion en via is a microfinance lender to women in the Oaxaca, Mexico area. They run tours to visit the individual borrowers such as weavers, small scale farmers, or small...Popular with
- 19El Calvario 107, Centro, 68000 Oaxaca, MexicoRanked #19 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do2 reviews
This 17th-century church is one of Oaxaca’s most important religious sites. It houses images of the Virgin of Solitude, a triangular figure you’ll see around the city. Along with the...
- 20Centro, Oaxaca, MexicoRanked #21 overall in Oaxaca de Juarez things to do1 review
The interior of Oaxaca’s cathedral is not nearly as impressive as the facade and the scene outside, but the seat of Oaxaca’s Catholic diocese still brings in the devout, some...